HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
Has anyone tried Acana Pacifica?
My Bandit seems to always have some stomach issues with Fromm 4star recipes unfortunately. I am trying to find the best possible kibble that agrees with him.

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have never used Acana Pacifica; I use Wellness Core Ocean if I am not homecooking Amber and Ruby's food. I used Blue Buffalo for a while as a back up but Amber starting having a few problems so I switched them and have had no issues with the Wellness Core grain free Ocean. They like it and neither of them have the extreme gas they were getting on the other back up food. Sometimes it takes a little while to find the right one; I do know quit a few folks on this forum use the Fromm pork and peas. Good luck on your qwest!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have never used this one, but other I did try Earthborn which Banks did Ok on

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No I haven't but it is a food I would like to try eventually, it looks like a great food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
my boy is doing well on Acana. we started with Grasslands and now we are on Pacifica, and come to think of it, since the switch from his breeder food (Royal canine) no smelly gassy incidence either. my only complaint is tear stains but that could be his eyelashes rubbing his eyes too so can't really say if it's the food or something else. would love to have him on Fromm but unfortunately it's not available here. goodluck :)

OP
HeatherTaylor

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
Thanks everyone! I have tried the Fromm pork and Peas and he does ok on it but he has sporadic poo issues with it. When I first adopted him he was on Nutro Venison and Rice and I wanted to see if I could find an even better quality food for him. I switched to Natural Balance Venison and Sweet potato but then they were bought out by P&G which worried me so I went to Fromm. Tried 3 recipes from them and same result on all of them. His tummy really liked the venison but I cant find a single protein venison food besides the NB that isnt beyond my means. I do want to get the very best I can afford. Like 85$ a 26lb bag is my top affordability price. His fur etc looks great on the Fromm just a messy poo problem :(

debruch

Sep 21, 2012
CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Curtis
We switched Curtis to Acana Pacifica a few months back due to some yeast issues with Nature's Variety Instinct LI lamb. He loves the food and doesn't have any digestive issues, though he smells a bit fishy if you get too close post-meal :) No gas, but his poop is a bit stinky some days. Overall it seems like a great food if your bully likes and tolerates fish. Good luck!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thanks everyone! I have tried the Fromm pork and Peas and he does ok on it but he has sporadic poo issues with it. When I first adopted him he was on Nutro Venison and Rice and I wanted to see if I could find an even better quality food for him. I switched to Natural Balance Venison and Sweet potato but then they were bought out by P&G which worried me so I went to Fromm. Tried 3 recipes from them and same result on all of them. His tummy really liked the venison but I cant find a single protein venison food besides the NB that isnt beyond my means. I do want to get the very best I can afford. Like 85$ a 26lb bag is my top affordability price. His fur etc looks great on the Fromm just a messy poo problem :(

Have you tried off Petflow?

OP
HeatherTaylor

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
Yes I use Petflow 😄. Great service!
I am into first week transitioning into Acana Pacifica now. Also adding a half can of Merrick Holiday Stew once a day which they LOVE!
They are doing great so far. The Acana food definitely has a "smell" lol. But I guess as long as they like it and it is super good for them I can handle it ....:D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.