Feeding Times

hutchie

Oct 17, 2013
Cumbria Lake District
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
How many times a day do people feed ther dogs? Marley is 11month old now and i had been feeding him twice a day. But it got to the point where he wouldnt eat his mornin food.
So now i only feed once a day,in the evening.
He seems to be doing ok like this,he just has a couple of treats through the day.
Hes on Orijen food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When our two guys were puppies, we fed them 1 cup 3 times a day, 1 cup in the morning, 1 cup in the afternoon, and 1 cup in the evening. When they were 7 months old, we switched them to adult food, and also reduced their kibble to 1 cup, twice a day. They are 21 months old now, and we continue to feed them twice a day. Every dog, and every bully is different though, and some people do feed once a day, and it does work for them, sometimes it's the dogs personality or preference, and sometimes it's what works best for your work schedule. Feeding our guys 2 equal servings twice a day works for us, because there is usually always someone home, and our guys tend to inhale their food rather than chew it, so a smaller amount is better for their stomach and digestion, plus they would be starving by the morning, if they only ate once. If it works for you and Marley, then it should be okay.

OP
hutchie

hutchie

Oct 17, 2013
Cumbria Lake District
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Thanks.
I only started doing this the end of last week,he does seem ok. Think im just scared he will loose weight,dont think he will though because of him not really eating his early meal. He too got fed 3 times a day when we got him,then i changed it to twice a day and adult food at 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Our Ollie is going thru this too! He gets a morning and evening meal however he was only eating his evening, probably about a week. On sat he actually got up went to his bowl, so i fed him and by the time I had gotten outta the shower it was gone! I was hopeful but yesterday he went back to just eating his evening meal, so far today he ate his morning meal! I think sometimes its just a phase! I would continue to offer a bit in the evening just in case it is just that a phase! good luck!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I feed raw. My dogs usually eat once a day. If I have meat that is getting freezer burned in the freezer or if I get a large rabbit, they may get to gorge on it and they don't eat again until 2, sometimes 3 days later.

The frequency of feeding is different for every dog for different food items. Some dogs get stomach upset when they get fed big meals, so they get fed smaller meals multiple times a day. Some dogs get stomach upset if they get fed too often, so they get fed bigger meals fewer times a day. Kibble binders take longer to process in the stomach so sometimes dogs don't want to eat if they're still not done digesting. Raw meat gets processed quicker so dogs may want to eat not too long after the last meal. And then some dogs don't really care how often they get fed as long as they get fed, so the pawrent gets to pick according to convenience.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.