Fromm to Earthborn

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My Dozer has been on Fromm Pork and Peas for about a month and has a slight improvement from the Beef Fritatta but not perfect. I recently purchased a bag of Earthborn Great Plains Feast and plan on starting the switch process this weekend. I was curios to know if anyone here went from Fromm to Earthborn and if they had favorable results.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't tried it, but let us know how it goes with him. Hope he does well on it.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I went from Fromm to Earthborn and my boys are doing extremely well on it!!! I feed them the Meadow Feast formula which is lamb. Which formula are you switching to?

OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I went from Fromm to Earthborn and my boys are doing extremely well on it!!! I feed them the Meadow Feast formula which is lamb. Which formula are you switching to?

I'm trying the Great Plains formula which is Bison. I have to wait until after the weekend. We have a dog sitter for tomorrow, so I do not want to burden them with monitoring the results of a food switch along with caring for two dogs. I am hoping I get good results.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I had them on the Great Plains too. Like Fromm with Earthborn you can switch between proteins with no transitions. What I found that really helps the boys is no potatoes in the Earthborn. I think that's what caused most of their problems, or I should say Oliver's but what he eats, everyone eats. Sebastian and Remy don't seem to have any problems with a particular food but Oliver is sensitive to potatoes and Fromm has potatoes so I had to find something else. There is another food called Zignature that is almost identical to Earthborn in their ingredients.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I tried Earthborn for a while, some did really well, but some others didn't, and got horrid tear stains, so I went back to Fromm for everyone it's just easier :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had also tried the Earthborn, meadow feast, Banks did OK on it, not bad rally, but the Fromm Pork and Peas has been her best to date

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have my boxer on Earthborn, and she's doing great!!! I may transition Winston because he still has soft :poo: on the Fromm's. Of course he's been on benadryl off and on this entire fall so I don't know if I'll ever figure out what is going on... :confused:

OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok it's been a little over a week on Earthborn. I did a slow transition using pumpkin in each meal. So far the results have been positive. His stools have been solid and his tear stains appear to be getting better. The only issue I am noticing is periodic scratching. Has anyone else experience the scratching? If so is this due to the overlapping of the foods in his system? What can I do to help eliminate the scratching?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.