The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Winston is on Blue Buffalo's sensitive stomach food. He does well on it, but I was thinking about switching him to Fromm since I finally found a place that sells it! Fromm is such a great food, but I'd have to find sensitive stomach stuff for Winston since he's just a natural room-clearer with his gas. I swear we could bottle it & sell it to the government as biological weaponry.

Yogurt and Kefir help with gas as well.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Just an insight sometimes, money is tight, we had some recent changes and I've been out of work for over a year due to medical issues. A Long story short I'm not getting paid so I can't afford fromm at the moment. There are some cheaper foods that are just as well. We adopted Ollie and when we got him they were feeding Purina be happy, he was doing just fine on that until I couldn't get the beef and had to switch to chicken. I know Purina is crap so I was wanting to change but the cost was scaring me off. I looked and looked and looked at different brands. I found tractor supply 4health grain free I pay 31 for 30lbs. It's more affordable at this point in time. Ollie has no gas and no skin issues. In all honesty the only time this dog has gas is right after he gets a bath and I swear it's just payback b/c he hates his bath.
I just don't want you to be scared off if you can't afford the Fromm I know it's highly recommended here and lots of members use it. good luck and it really is trial and error. We are pretty lucky with Ollie b/c like I said he ate the Purina be happy for a few months with us before I switched him and that's what the previous owner had him on and the only difference I noticed since switching was that he has more energy!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just an insight sometimes, money is tight, we had some recent changes and I've been out of work for over a year due to medical issues. A Long story short I'm not getting paid so I can't afford fromm at the moment. There are some cheaper foods that are just as well. We adopted Ollie and when we got him they were feeding Purina be happy, he was doing just fine on that until I couldn't get the beef and had to switch to chicken. I know Purina is crap so I was wanting to change but the cost was scaring me off. I looked and looked and looked at different brands. I found tractor supply 4health grain free I pay 31 for 30lbs. It's more affordable at this point in time. Ollie has no gas and no skin issues. In all honesty the only time this dog has gas is right after he gets a bath and I swear it's just payback b/c he hates his bath.
I just don't want you to be scared off if you can't afford the Fromm I know it's highly recommended here and lots of members use it. good luck and it really is trial and error. We are pretty lucky with Ollie b/c like I said he ate the Purina be happy for a few months with us before I switched him and that's what the previous owner had him on and the only difference I noticed since switching was that he has more energy!!

Great advice... gotta do what is best within your budget!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm a big advocate of feeding raw. :) I do prey model raw.

I did kibble with Delilah for 2.5 ish years. Tried all the high end stuff. Nothing was as good as raw was for her!

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Snowy loves her From Surf and Turf, shes tried just about all the fromm flavors and I think she prefers this one.

Jill Lampkin

Aug 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Emma is on Fromms Pork & peas after trial and error with I'm assuming what are food allergies. She's 7 months old, she came to us on royal Canin we switched to many different flavors of Fromms until she had no hives or red patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OliveDivine

Sep 14, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive
We were using California Natural Lamb and Rice, but had to change during the recall. We are now using Limited Ingredients Lamb and Rice (dry and canned). I supplement with Fresh Pet Beef and Vegetables from time to time. Our Olive tolerates all of the well, but cannot tolerate chicken or turkey. We have very limited gas problems with this mix.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Whole Earth Farms made by Merrick. It is a multiple protein kibble with no corn or wheat. Also the majority of the time it will be topped with any number variety of food toppers, everything from Tuna fish and Salmon to pork and chicken. And sometimes some dairy toppers such as cheese and cottage cheese, yogurt as well at times.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Also here is a Kibble enhancement that I have been giving Ace for the past several months. Even if you have a good quality kibble that your dog tolerates well, after a while they may get a little jaded with it and this product works wonders. I must say I have noticed a difference in Ace's coat since using this product the color seems more enhanced and his coat is softer. But I don't think it has made much of a noticeable difference in shedding.

http://www.vitacost.com/halo-purely-for-pets-vitaglo-dream-coat-meal-enhancement-for-cats-and-dogs

chrisDXT

Jul 29, 2013
Tank likes taste of the wild the roasted venison and buffalo

2013 obsession lethal force 2
2009 elite GT500

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
We're giving Bifi Acana but since we switch to a different Acana flavor his poopie became runny so at the moment he is eating home cooked meals. Now i'm stuck with a 28 lb. bag of dogfood.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We're giving Bifi Acana but since we switch to a different Acana flavor his poopie became runny so at the moment he is eating home cooked meals. Now i'm stuck with a 28 lb. bag of dogfood.

Check with the place you bought it from. Many will take if back and exchange it for a different flavor as long as 50% to 75% of the food remains. Give it a shot the worst that can happen is they won't take it back and in that case you can donate it to a shelter or rescue organization.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.