Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 9 weeks he should be eating about 1/2 cup per meal 3x a day, not sure how to convert that for you. If his poo becomes runny, it's too much. You should slowly increase his amount until he's about 5 months old. At which time he should be eating about 2.5-3 cups until he reaches adulthood. More or less depending on the bully ;) let the poop guide you. Runny: too much. Hard dark Tootsie roll: too little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
At 9 weeks he should be eating about 1/2 cup per meal 3x a day, not sure how to convert that for you. If his poo becomes runny, it's too much. You should slowly increase his amount until he's about 5 months old. At which time he should be eating about 2.5-3 cups until he reaches adulthood. More or less depending on the bully ;) let the poop guide you. Runny: too much. Hard dark Tootsie roll: too little.

This!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Omg a feel so stupid !! I wish ad of checked the packaging my self a just went off the advice off the adviser at the pet shop !!!!  am so annoyed with my self

Don't feel bad we all live and learn! You asked here and found out what's right that's what matters!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks guys just in waiting room at vets talk soon

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Hi-
If you're feeding an adult formula that has less fat, would you recommend more for a puppy?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi-
If you're feeding an adult formula that has less fat, would you recommend more for a puppy?

Is the adult formula for all life stages? If not, I would certainly choose a puppy formula.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sometimes the people at the pet stores are so uninformed. I never ask them anything anymore I usually just jump on here and ask someone. Everyone here is absolutely wonderful!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Omg a feel so stupid !! I wish ad of checked the packaging my self a just went off the advice off the adviser at the pet shop !!!!  am so annoyed with my self

no worries -- it is why we are all here - to help each other learn and have healthy bullies!!

"I was advided to feed him 95g a day a speed it out into 3 feeds x"

No matter which way I do the math (density, kibble size etc), That's less than 1 cup per day spread out into 3 meals. Your puppy IS hungry. I even went and weighed Blue's kibble and his is over 100 grams per cup.

Take a look at this http://www.wellbeloved.com/ideal-bodyweight/dog-feeding-guides For a pup that's going to grow into a 50-60lb dog, you should be feeding him over 400grams of James per day. Please give him more food!

Am I missing something @desertskybulldogs @Davidh @2BullyMama

Fantastic catch!!!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Just wanna say a massive thanks to everyone for all your help yesterday. Ur all brilliant :). Meaty is full to the brim now haha

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.