Hunger or greed. !!

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi. I have a 9 week old pup and we have had him for about 1 week. We feed him on James well belovered 3 times a day. The problem is he never seems to be full at 1st we thought it was greed but surely he cant be this hungry all the time. Has any one any advice x

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:gimmefood: Is there any difference? Lol. He's just a normal Bully, they are very food oriented, and will eat and eat, and eat. My Blossom is food crazy, she doesn't eat her food, she inhales it like it's her last meal, or we never feed her. Then she tries to take her brothers food, and then she has figured out how to open the latch on the food storage bin, and she sticks her head and front paws inside the bin, and tries to inhale as much food as she can. I now turn it backwards so she. Ant get to the latch. I've outsmarted her. Lol. He even goes after the cat food, so we have to keep her dish up high, she's always hungry. We call her Fatty McPatty. Lol. We feed our guys 1 cup of kibble in the am with plain yogurt on top, and they get 1 cup of kibble in the pm, usually with some cooked veggies on top, whatever we are having like cooked broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or green beans. For treats we give them cut up apples, strawberries, 1/2 a banana each, green beans, cheese strings, or sometimes cottage cheese. You can try using a slow feeder bowl if he eats too fast, or some people use a stand that holds the food bowl, at a higher level, to slow down their eating.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
well, Monica [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] has you covered..... typical bully pup -- vacuum cleaner!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You are covered for sure. Harlea would eat non-stop if I would let her.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Thanks.. Iv noticed he has the hiccups a lot could this be due to how fast he eats ??

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Bullies just love to eat chesty would eat till he pukes if you would let him. I think it's just a bullie thing.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
The bet recommend adding a little but of meat in his dinner 2 times a day. ? He thinks it will help him but a think he's just greedy xx

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Everyone gave you good advice- but I'm wondering how much you're giving him at each feeding? 1/2 cup, cup?

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I was advided to feed him 95g a day a speed it out into 3 feeds x

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Everyone gave you good advice- but I'm wondering how much you're giving him at each feeding? 1/2 cup, cup?

"I was advided to feed him 95g a day a speed it out into 3 feeds x"

No matter which way I do the math (density, kibble size etc), That's less than 1 cup per day spread out into 3 meals. Your puppy IS hungry. I even went and weighed Blue's kibble and his is over 100 grams per cup.

Take a look at this http://www.wellbeloved.com/ideal-bodyweight/dog-feeding-guides For a pup that's going to grow into a 50-60lb dog, you should be feeding him over 400grams of James per day. Please give him more food!

Am I missing something @desertskybulldogs @Davidh @2BullyMama

Last edited:
OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
The guys at pets at home and on the packaging said it was correct ??? Omg a feel so bad I'm waiting in the vet ringing me bk now any way meatys lump I think is his missing testical is sort of stuck just above his penis. My poor wee man xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Omg a feel so stupid !! I wish ad of checked the packaging my self a just went off the advice off the adviser at the pet shop !!!! 😡😡 am so annoyed with my self

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The guys at pets at home and on the packaging said it was correct ??? Omg a feel so bad I'm waiting in the vet ringing me bk now any way meatys lump I think is his missing testical is sort of stuck just above his penis. My poor wee man xx

The guys there are morons. I'd like to call them something else but this is a family forum..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.