So much information on dog food it's confusing....

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Sounds like don't give them grain free food unless they are allergic to grains. I have Lola on grain free (Taste of the Wild) but concerned she isn't getting what she needs. Also, so much info on puppy good. I think the puppy is currently on Nature's Source or Variety. Do I just keep him on that or can i switch? I am so confused on what to give him. I have read some info on her but again, confusing. I would eventually like both Lola and "to be named" on same food.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It is VERY confusing, I had poor Vegas on Iams Pro-biotics, until I found this site, the reason I found this site I was googleing because he was having so many issues with red face, itching, STINKING, ear infection. It was a blessing to have found this site and get the information to get him straightened around, It did not happen over night, food was trial and error at first, but with all the good advice I finally found the right food and what a HUGE difference it has made in him. He is happy and so am I !!. You also have to be careful with treats, I was feeding him pure junk on his treats. Lola is getting what she needs unless she is not allergic to grains, Vegas is. I would think you will have to have them on different foods anyways one for adult and one for puppy? There are far more educated people on this site than me on foods, you will get the right answers but again it is trial and error. Good Luck!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Yes I find this a confusing topic as well! Silva is on Fromm and has been doing very well no more bowel issues, I do like to change the flavours and I am going to try surf and turf next bag! Good luck! :D

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Thanks! I have no clue what I will do but whatever it is I guess I start with what he is on now and then transition him to something else, if anything. I cannot remember what she had him on but need to do some research on that food. I would also love for someone close by to sell whatever I decide to put them on. I have several "feed" stores in the area and vet clinics, etc.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Reading your first post, I have some advice for you.

Sounds like don't give them grain free food unless they are allergic to grains.
No, this is not the case. Grain free, in my opinion, is the best for English Bulldogs. Wild animals are carnivores and only get the grains from the animals stomachs (say they eat a rabbit, there is very little grains in the rabbit), it is not needed in their diet.

I think the puppy is currently on Nature's Source or Variety. Do I just keep him on that or can i switch? I am so confused on what to give him. I have read some info on her but again, confusing. I would eventually like both Lola and "to be named" on same food.

Yes, you can have them both on the same food, as long as it is an ALS food. (ALS= All life stages) Here is a great blog from Natures Logic, which tells about the 'different life stage' dog foods.

Nature's Logic 100% Natural Pet Foods: Does Your Pet Really Need Special Food for Each Life Stage?

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] thank you so much for the advice!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online