Need help now please ...

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ok so I'm at the pet store and they have a purple bag of fromms adult food. They did say they can order anything. But is that a good one or should I get the blue buffalo we always get .. It says fresh chicken. Chicken meal. Brown rice whole eggs and real cheese. Yumm cheese.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hmm, id be wary of changing foods suddenly. If there isn't anything wrong with what you are feeding Zeus, then why change? But if you must, try to match the ingredients as much as possible. Fromm is a great food, the one you're looking at isn't one of the grain free varietys but again, depends on the bully. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Is he having problems with his current food? If you just want to switch then do a slow transition to the new food. We feed ours FROMM Pork and Peas and they are doing well on it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with Aprilmari , you want to be careful when switching foods. If you're not having any food related issues or allergy symptoms with the Blue Buffalo, then I would keep him on the same food. If you're switching because he's having problems with the current food, then you want to make sure you do a slow transition, so he doesn't get diarrhea, and stomach issues. We feed our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata, due to Blossom being allergic to chicken and salmon. I'm not familiar with the purple bag, but it does have chicken and grains in it, and these are usually allergy triggers or sensitivity problems for some Bulldogs. Every bulldog is different, and what works for one won't always work for others.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Is this a sudden burst of shedding out of the ordinary, or something that's been going on for a while?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
The shedding has been going on for as long as I can remember. Never thought of it being the food till someone mentioned it. I started thinking maybe it is the food.

Gemma

Mar 28, 2013
Southport, UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Hi, my bully looks just like yours and has the same mark on his back! I was told the white bulldogs shed more than the brown? I don't believe this particularly but I imagine white hairs show up more! Mine has been on a raw food or BARF diet since June, and I've noticed a slight improvement in shedding. The tear stains are still there tho! We also use a rubber brush twice a week and this also helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The shedding has been going on for as long as I can remember. Never thought of it being the food till someone mentioned it. I started thinking maybe it is the food.

How did you make out?

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hi, my bully looks just like yours and has the same mark on his back! I was told the white bulldogs shed more than the brown? I don't believe this particularly but I imagine white hairs show up more! Mine has been on a raw food or BARF diet since June, and I've noticed a slight improvement in shedding. The tear stains are still there tho! We also use a rubber brush twice a week and this also helps.
What a gorgeous bully you have ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We like blue buffalo. So idk if We will ever try Fromms. He has really soft fur. And is in great shape.

If shedding is the only issue and his skin looks good... I'd be hesitant too

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bullies do shed, no matter what, especially white fur (sorry!) seems to shed more in my house. Instead of changing foods, daily brushing and adding salmon oil may help reduce the amount to some degree. They also blow their coats twice a year and that's when the shedding seems endless!! If Blue Buffalo is working good you probably shouldn't change it for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Bullies do shed, no matter what, especially white fur (sorry!) seems to shed more in my house. Instead of changing foods, daily brushing and adding salmon oil may help reduce the amount to some degree. They also blow their coats twice a year and that's when the shedding seems endless!! If Blue Buffalo is working good you probably shouldn't change it for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I should definitely try That salmon oil.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.