Need help with puppy

Ray143

Oct 8, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cupcake
I have a 5 month old bully girl. She's been eating Earthborn grain free meadow feast. She has been shedding a lot and breaking out in hives. Her chin is also red. Could this be a food allergy? I use her food as treats so she is not eating anything else. I was thinking either switching to earthborn bison or natural balance limited ingredient diet. Thanks for any advice!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, definitely could be the food. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]... Any suggestions on food?

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Here are my 2 cents. Make sure that you are using glass or stainless steel bowls, it could be puppy acne on her chin also make sure that you are drying her chin after she drinks and keep the bowls very clean. Do you have a picture of her chin? The shedding could be from the food but it could also be because of the season changes preparing for the winter coat also referred to as "blowing their coat". Does it seem like the hair is coming out in patches or is there just more hair then normal coming out?

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Did these symptoms just occur? How long have you been on this food for?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Ray143

Ray143

Oct 8, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cupcake
I use stainless steel bowls. She's been on this food for a little over 2 months. I've noticed the shedding starting about a month ago. She has thin patches on her back.

OP
Ray143

Ray143

Oct 8, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cupcake
You can see her chin in my profile pic, it seems a little better then it was before. The shedding and hives seem to make me think it's her food due to her age

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
We are changing Itzy's food too, Natural Balance limited igredients, sweet potato and venison, is too hard and Itzy could't eat them, then we changed it to wellnes and seems like she likes it, my baby its 4 month old and has a lot of pimples on her neck and chin.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
We have had luck with limited ingredient duck and legume

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.