What is your Bulldog's main source of protein?

What is your Bulldog's main source of protein in their diet? (You can choose more than one)

• Beef

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Chicken

• Fish

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Bison

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Pork

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Rabbit

• Lamb

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Duck

• Venison

• Other

• Total voters

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since Stig switched to raw, he gets everything in rotation, including goat, mutton and turkey. Although venison, bison, and rabbit is probably every other month or so because of the price and/or availabilty.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas does great on the Nature's Variety Salmon grain/gluten free great source of Protein plus his omega 3's, his next bag I bought was Chicken (he did not do very well at all) back to Salmon for this bag, he gets Nature's Variety Rabbit bisquits, for a treat as well as fruits, veggies and yogurt, then I do give him a few bites of beef, turkey, hamburger, what ever meat we eat through the week. Oh, and I never mentioned I am severe lactose intolerant, but I scramble egg whites for me on the weekends and he does get some egg whites usually every Sunday morning---great source of protein!! I am very strict with his diet (UNLIKE.... my 23 yr. old son and hubby)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson's was salmon for a couple years, it was the natural balance sweet potato & salmon. It worked really well for him and I like the idea of having the fish oils for his skin. This summer we introduced the Fromm Surf & Turf which is primarily salmon and duck. There was no change, he is still doing well. Except the ear infections, so because of the success Jillh10 had with clearing up Linus' ear infections by switching to Nautres Variety Instinct I decided to switch to that too. We've been on the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon for like 2 weeks and no changes yet. I'd like to switch to the duck and turkey one for the next bag after hearing on here about the importance of switching up the proteins. I thought about trying the rabbit formula but it has fat as one of the first 4 ingredients which is known as a contributor to bloat and I am not down for risking that.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], It took a good month for me to tell a difference with Vegas on the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon. I don't know how Samson will do with the Chicken, I seen Vegas take a step back on it, (smelling again) So I went back to the Salmon. I know you can switch flavors without any problems but for me I am going to keep him on the Salmon for a while, he loves it and the smell is 90% gone. I still wash his face nightly. I am going to try a small bag of Duck before I try the large bag that I normally buy for his next bag.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't think I can really vote on this, since I found out that it was best to rotate the protein in their diet as long as I stick with the same food range. So we've been on FROMM 4star. Started off on Salmon, then we did the chicken, and right now we are on the pork. Maggie loves ANYTHING, but the pork is proving to be a HUGE hit with Daddy!!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Vegas does great on the Nature's Variety Salmon grain/gluten free great source of Protein plus his omega 3's, his next bag I bought was Chicken (he did not do very well at all) back to Salmon for this bag, he gets Nature's Variety Rabbit bisquits, for a treat as well as fruits, veggies and yogurt, then I do give him a few bites of beef, turkey, hamburger, what ever meat we eat through the week. Oh, and I never mentioned I am severe lactose intolerant, but I scramble egg whites for me on the weekends and he does get some egg whites usually every Sunday morning---great source of protein!! I am very strict with his diet (UNLIKE.... my 23 yr. old son and hubby)

Thats almost exactly what I have have started doing and so far...so good! Its hard to find a protein (or food for that matter) that all 3 bullies can eat. food allergies are such a pain!!! :down:

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Right now, Maximus eats CALIFORNIA NATURAL GRAIN-FREE LAMB MEAL and WELLNESS CORE GRAIN-FREE Reduced Fat formula. He also gets fresh cooked Organic Chicken at dinner time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.