URGENT!!! My bully is peeing non stop, like every few minutes

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
i was watching my bully and she was just playing and had an accident, clear and a lot of pee. took her outside and she peed four more times. she came back in and started playing again and peed again only a few minutes later. i figured she came in too early. so i took her back out peed another three times. all this is over a 20 min period. so i just figured she drank too much water for her bladder so i put up her bowl but as she was playing again she peed again on her toy like she could control it. sometimes she will lick herself but her pee is always clear and not a small amount. i dont know what to think. no odor, colour or blood or anything. just looks like water. i dont know what to think, shes 12 weeks old and its started so abruptly she doesnt wanna pee in the house but does it anyway because she tried many times to pee on or close to her pee pad but she cant make it there in time. i thought uti but she has no smptoms others then how often shes peeing. she is seeing her vet in a couple days for her last set of shots but i am really worries something is wrong. even in her crate she is peeing over and over, she isnt trying to even go in the corner of her crate anymore she seems in a panic when she goes but doesnt strain. sorry this is so long i am just freaking out right now.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had this same problem with one of mine, when she was a pup. Of course, it was on a Sunday-so I was afraid to wait-I figured she had a UTI. She did the same thing, and there was no blood, no other obvious symptoms except so much peeing. She was puppy pad trained, but just peed everywhere and couldn't help it. I took her to an emergency clinic, and it was a UTI. They gave her a script for amoxicillin-10 days worth. It only took a couple of days, and she was much better. That is probably what it is. Better call the vet in the morning! Don't wait a couple of days. Hope she is better soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The frequent peeing is definetley a sign of a UTI. Does she crouch down close to the ground when she pees? This can sometimes cause a bladder infection.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds to me like a UTI... a trip to the vets is a must!!! Keep us posted...

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Definitely sounds like a UTI. My boxer Daisy had several UTI's, first it was just peeing everywhere but in a matter of only a few hours there was blood mixed in. Took her to work with me (I worked at a vet clinic) and got her some meds. In a matter of a day or so she was back to normal. I started adding apple cider vinegar to her food a couple times a week and haven't had another problem!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with others... This sounds like a UTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, sounds like a UTI but could also be something else, either way I would get her to the vet ASAP..... Poor baby :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree take her to the vet tomorrow, if it's too late today.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Wondering how Milly is doing-and did she go to vet for exam?

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
she is good. wasnt a uti. they checked her and shes good. she had diarreah on and off for a few weeks but it never was more then a day. they gave me some pills for her bowels to double kill anything in her intenstines parasite wise. my vet figurered she got into some water and drank alot when i wasnt seeing her around the corner by my garden. (big rain water pail). i was just freaked out. shes great. i did have to change her food though. she was on acana but the grains gave her runs. i switched her to go! fit and free puppy and she is overall WAY better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she is good. wasnt a uti. they checked her and shes good. she had diarreah on and off for a few weeks but it never was more then a day. they gave me some pills for her bowels to double kill anything in her intenstines parasite wise. my vet figurered she got into some water and drank alot when i wasnt seeing her around the corner by my garden. (big rain water pail). i was just freaked out. shes great. i did have to change her food though. she was on acana but the grains gave her runs. i switched her to go! fit and free puppy and she is overall WAY better.

thanks for the update.... soglad she did not have the UTI and is doing better on the new food

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.