damn chicken!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We haven't tried any of the Fromm's food yet our pet store doesn't stock it, we are buying the small bags of food when we trying switching if it doesn't work we can return it for credit towards something that does work for him. Makes it a lot easier since we can go in the next morning. So far we know chicken is very bad for him, beef doesn't sit well and grain is also a no no. We put him back on the Lamb since he was ok with it but we arelooking for something to help with his yasty face mainly and to help reduce some of the shedding.

You may want to look into a small bag of Fromm Pork and Peas from Petflow.... Banks has that reaction to chicken and also has yeast issue. I had her on Beef Frittata for about 2 years and then the Pork and Peas came out. she did real good on the beef, but the PnP has not white potato or chicken so she has done awesome on it

GOOD luck... hope he feels better soon! And, be sure to keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man I'm so sorry!!! Poor Loki Beans :( I use PetFlow & they are awesome... I actually did find a store here that carries Fromm, but I really LOVE the free shipping!!! I hope you find something soon... keep us posted!!!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
His hives are back! Gave him more benedryl he is back on his old food and has been since this morning. Guess it is a bath kind of night he isn't itching them and doesn't seem bothered but why are they back!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think he needs to transition to Fromm.
Here's my reasoning:
Their Grain free 4 star formulas allow you to change the protein without slowly transitioning Loki. That means you can change the food daily and see results much quicker.

Over the summer, we had the same issues with Blue, hives, itching, ear infections .
First, he was on Beef Frittata, didn't work. Next it was Pork and Peas, still itching and hives. Then I ordered a small bag of the Salmon Tunalini.
Within 3 days the itching was gone, hives haven't come back, and no more ear infections.

The beauty of Four Star Grain free is you can buy small bags with different proteins, and find out what works much quicker than with other formulas because there is no transition period! One day he can be on Pork, the next day on Salmon. It's mix and match.
When trying to figure out what food he's allergic to, this is the easiest and fastest way to do it and see results.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
I think he needs to transition to Fromm.
Here's my reasoning:
Their Grain free 4 star formulas allow you to change the protein without slowly transitioning Loki. That means you can change the food daily and see results much quicker.

Over the summer, we had the same issues with Blue, hives, itching, ear infections .
First, he was on Beef Frittata, didn't work. Next it was Pork and Peas, still itching and hives. Then I ordered a small bag of the Salmon Tunalini.
Within 3 days the itching was gone, hives haven't come back, and no more ear infections.

The beauty of Four Star Grain free is you can buy small bags with different proteins, and find out what works much quicker than with other formulas because there is no transition period! One day he can be on Pork, the next day on Salmon. It's mix and match.
When trying to figure out what food he's allergic to, this is the easiest and fastest way to do it and see results.
That sounds like a great idea! I was looking online last night to see if any of the companies had smaller like 2 lb bags of food. With how expensive these grain free 4 and 5 star foods are it is hard to keep buying bag that aren't working.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That sounds like a great idea! I was looking online last night to see if any of the companies had smaller like 2 lb bags of food. With how expensive these grain free 4 and 5 star foods are it is hard to keep buying bag that aren't working.

They have 4 pound bags. BUT, they have a money back guarantee! Email them to make sure they'd take it back due to allergies. If so, you can't go wrong trying them. If not, well it 13-14 bucks per bag. Not too bad.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I tried the pork and peas and then beef frittata..maybe I should try the salmon before giving up on Fromms.

Yes, you should. In fact, in your other thread I posted that I went through the same foods and they also didn't work for Blue. Then we tried the Salmon Tunalini and it was like we hit the Lotto. Just 3 days into it and we saw a huge improvement.
GO TRY IT NOW! :tongue:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online