damn chicken!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So we were in the process of changing Loki to salmon nutri source noticed a few gives this morning but nothing too bad. Well tonight after only giving him 1/2 a cup with 1 1/2 of his old food hives everywhere! He has maybe a cup total over the last 3 feedings. Looked at the ingredients second one listed chicken! Wtf it was supposed to be salmon! Looks like we need to try lamb meal which is salmon lamb and chicken fat for some reason the chicken fat doesn't bother him as it is in his current lamb formula food. So frustrating !

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh boy that is a bad reaction for sure.... I hope he feels better soon, did you give him a benedryl?

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Yep his seasonal allergies have been pretty good over the last few days so I know that's what it is. I should have known better and looked at the bag fully.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Loki, hope he feels better soon. It can be so frustrating to find a food they tolerate when they have allergies and sensitivities. I went through 4 food changes for Blossom before we tried the Fromms Beef, which she is doingbreally well on it, she is allergic to chicken and salmon, grains and corn. It's definetley trial and error, and when we find something that works, the best thing is to stick to it. I tried a few months ago to try the Fromms Duck and Turkey, and Blossom immediately showed signs of allergies, so I learned my lesson and will stick with what works for her. It must be even more frustrating when you buy something like salmon, thinking its a safe flavour choice, and then come to find out it contains chicken in the ingredients. Good luck and I hope you find something he can tolerate. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Crazy - baxter gets skin reactions to everything EXCEPT chicken. Maybe because his breeder feeds his generations nothing but chicken, so they're experts with it? He even gets red after a few days on beef.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
The whole food thing is incredibly frustrating on so many levels. Getting the good stuff, making certain it doesn't include things that make them itch AND...that they like to eat!It's worth it in the end...but wow, what a pain! Hope Loki Beans is feeling better now!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Poor guy! Thankfully Daisy doesnt have any allergies to chicken. But I try to keep her off of it anyways, just in case. Hope your lil guy feels better!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue's also on a Salmon/Tuna formula but from Fromm.
His itching stopped, and his ears are much cleaner now that he's on Salmon.

Have you tried the Fromm? It also has chicken fat, and liver but they're listed as 10th and 11th on the ingredient list. Chicken Cartilage is 26 (there's 34 ingredients listed). They don't seem to be causing an issue aside from some redness still on his chin, but that could be caused by many things...

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We haven't tried any of the Fromm's food yet our pet store doesn't stock it, we are buying the small bags of food when we trying switching if it doesn't work we can return it for credit towards something that does work for him. Makes it a lot easier since we can go in the next morning. So far we know chicken is very bad for him, beef doesn't sit well and grain is also a no no. We put him back on the Lamb since he was ok with it but we arelooking for something to help with his yasty face mainly and to help reduce some of the shedding.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I noticed with Rocco when he was on chicken flavored food he would have very loose stools. He seems to be great with beef. He has been on Fromm's Beef Frittata for over a month nowand h has been great on it. Luckily, there is a feed store fivemin from my house that carries it. You could check for the nearest distributor on their website and find it close by as I had no idea this place by me even sold pet food lol. Keep us posted on Loki's progress!!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
20130925_230203.jpg Here is a picture of the hive that I took last night. They were gone when I left for work this morning thankfully.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We have been looking into it more and more. Once we find something that he can handle fully and give us the results that we are looking for that is totally something we will be doing.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awe poor Loki! Hope it gets sorted soon. He is too cute! Hugs to Loki from Brie :). She has some issues w seasonal n fod allergies as well. We are still trying to figure it all out too.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Awe poor Loki! Hope it gets sorted soon. He is too cute! Hugs to Loki from Brie :). She has some issues w seasonal n fod allergies as well. We are still trying to figure it all out too.
Sometimes I think that these bullies are harder then children to figure out LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.