Help Needed! Changing food

Ednosekjr

Nov 29, 2012
oro valley , Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir codsworth,(knuckles)
Ok , so knuckles is going on 8 months no problems what so ever . He is growing , his weight is good, he eats like a small horse, so I was wondering if I should start to change his food over to adult or keep him on his puppy food for a while yet, did I mention he is as strong as an ox. Just need some advice
thanks

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
What puppy food are you usng currently? Rocco is on the cusp of turning 4 months old and I've had him off of puppy food almost a month. I'm feeding Fromm's Beef Frittata which is an all stage food. He was too sensitive to the chicken in the kibble. That being said, if you go to an all stage food I don't think there should be a problem. I am by no means an expert, just going by what I've seen and read.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It's up to you. He can be on puppy food until 2 years old as he's still building bones until then (Bullys have extended growth period as opposed to, say, a doberman, who gets his bones all "grow'd" by 8 months). Or you can switch him to an all stage food now which also supports bone growth.

OP
Ednosekjr

Ednosekjr

Nov 29, 2012
oro valley , Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir codsworth,(knuckles)
Knuckles is on Fromm puppy food. I don't have a problem keeping him on this ,what ever is best for him

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
6-8 months is a good time to switch to adult food...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@Ednosekir I would go ahead and change him now. FROMM Pork and Peas is a good choice, that's what we use for our bullies and they are doing well on it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep you can switch anytime, but since you said he's doing good on it you can also wait too, it's really up to you :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.