Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Default Food change to Blue Wilderness from Fromms

Is anybody using or has tried Blue Wilderness? I have Chumley currently on Fromm's Beef Fritatta and there are too many issues he's never had before...diarrhea, excessive scratching, red bumps on chin, and now today I noticed a big red lump between his toes which Im guessing is an interdigital cyst (don't know if that's food related or not though). About the only thing hes benefitted from on the Fromms is no more tear stains. I tried the Pork and Peas but he had diarrhea on that also which is why I switched to the Beef. This is so frustrating because everyone seems to have so much success using the Fromm's. I am considering the Blue Wilderness and just looking for any feedback on it. Thanks!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bandit and Kozmo Monster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food change to Blue Wilderness from Fromms

I haven't tried Wilderness but I do feed Fromm's. I use Pork n Peas and the Whitefish and Potato and have had no problems after about the first 2-3 weeks. One of mine is ultra sensitive to chicken and a lot of other things and does great with these two formulas. I also add pumpkin and yogurt to their second feeding each day.

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm having issue w/Fromms as well... Winston's stools are soft, but like you said the tear stains are gone!!! He was on Beef, then switched to Pork & Peas, and I just ordered Pork & Applesauce. I have cut Winston's quantity back some to see if that's what's causing the soft , but like you I'm frustrated that everyone else is doing great w/Fromm's!!! I had Winston & Bella on Blue Buffalo, and at first it seemed fine but after awhile they BOTH had horrific gas & loose stools. Winston's entire chin was red so I quit w/that... I put my boxer on Earthborn & she is doing fantastic, so I may switch Winston to that as well... Good Luck on the food pyramid!!! LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I'm having issue w/Fromms as well... Winston's stools are soft, but like you said the tear stains are gone!!! He was on Beef, then switched to Pork & Peas, and I just ordered Pork & Applesauce. I have cut Winston's quantity back some to see if that's what's causing the soft , but like you I'm frustrated that everyone else is doing great w/Fromm's!!! I had Winston & Bella on Blue Buffalo, and at first it seemed fine but after awhile they BOTH had horrific gas & loose stools. Winston's entire chin was red so I quit w/that... I put my boxer on Earthborn & she is doing fantastic, so I may switch Winston to that as well... Good Luck on the food pyramid!!! LOL

Which Earthborn formula, Tracy?

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

Which Earthborn formula, Tracy?
    I started Roxie on Great Plains Feast, then Primitive Natural & I just ordered Meadow Feast. Granted she's a boxer and 9 years young at that... but her coat looks fantastic, tons of energy & normal stools. I'm thinking of switching Winston, but dang it I just got his staining under control

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It's not just you, Blue can't eat Beef Frittata or Pork and Peas either. When we discovered his allergy to Beef, we moved him to the Pork and had even worse issues. Itching (especially on his face), and cysts. His ears were dirtier than usual as well.
    Instead of switching to another company's product, I decided to switch proteins because it's easier on our bullies, and it won't take months to see results.
    Blue's now on Fromm Salmon Tunalini. The itching stopped, cysts are gone, and ears are much cleaner. His chin is still pink now and then but I think that's more due to him being a sloppy drinker, and all around slob..lol..

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Jim, haven't tried the Blue Wilderness but I did have luck with the Blue Buffalo when they were young. I had since moved to Earthborn, to Fromm, back Earthborn and now it's back Fromm. Have you tried the Beef Fritatta yet? The Interdigital needs to be treated now. Go check out my post in the health section. I"m in the midst of prepping an article on these too right now and they can be related to food if there's an allergy. Not always but it does happen.
    @Casper feeds Blue Buffalo.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to say, Emma gets very pink and tear stainy on Lamb and Salmon, Sally too. That's why I'm moving them back to the Fromm Beef Fritatta. They all do well on that.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Brutus is on Merrick grain free buffalo and sweet potato. I couldn't find Fromm's anywhere in our area. Are you going to order it? Brutus doesn't have any problems on the Merrick. He has been slightly itchy very recently but I think his seasonal allergies are out of control right now.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Umm...Sorry I read your post wrong. I thought you were going to the Fromms.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Is anybody using or has tried Blue Wilderness? I have Chumley currently on Fromm's Beef Fritatta and there are too many issues he's never had before...diarrhea, excessive scratching, red bumps on chin, and now today I noticed a big red lump between his toes which Im guessing is an interdigital cyst (don't know if that's food related or not though). About the only thing hes benefitted from on the Fromms is no more tear stains. I tried the Pork and Peas but he had diarrhea on that also which is why I switched to the Beef. This is so frustrating because everyone seems to have so much success using the Fromm's. I am considering the Blue Wilderness and just looking for any feedback on it. Thanks!
    have you looked at the Game bird? Banks did good on that one too, but the Pork n Peas is her best to date.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

I too am thinking of changing Tubby. Might try a different protein but same problems loose poops, red bumpy chin and he is always scratching his ears. I was shocked when these problems showed up. Everybody raves about Fromm but Tubbys body is ranting about it. Makes me mad cause now Tubbys dad wants to put him back in Royal Canin cause he never had these problems but after researching it I refuse to feed him that garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads