Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Brutus is on Merrick grain free buffalo and sweet potato. I couldn't find Fromm's anywhere in our area. Are you going to order it? Brutus doesn't have any problems on the Merrick. He has been slightly itchy very recently but I think his seasonal allergies are out of control right now.
I use Merrick Whole Earth Farms I get it off Amazon I stupidly changed Sheldon's food recently to something I knew better than to do and now he is shedding and itching so I gotta go back to the Merrick Whole Earth Farms. He gets 1 and a half -2 cups in the morning with two squirts of salmon oil then about lunch I give him a teaspoon or so of yogurt then he gets 1 and a half cups food about 6ish. I noticed a lot less waste and he was full more didn't itch as much his muzzle wasn't as red and he was FULL of energy!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I use Merrick Whole Earth Farms I get it off Amazon I stupidly changed Sheldon's food recently to something I knew better than to do and now he is shedding and itching so I gotta go back to the Merrick Whole Earth Farms. He gets 1 and a half -2 cups in the morning with two squirts of salmon oil then about lunch I give him a teaspoon or so of yogurt then he gets 1 and a half cups food about 6ish. I noticed a lot less waste and he was full more didn't itch as much his muzzle wasn't as red and he was FULL of energy!
Brutus is pretty much on the same feeding schedule. Is it less expensive to order the merricks online? I pay about $60 for a 25 pound bag.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Bullie was on Blue Wilderness. She did awesome on it. I rotated between Duck and Salmon. I switched to Earthborn Holistics Primitive Natural and Angus and Bullie did really great on it too. I now feed raw and that's even better. Prey-model raw is fantabulous.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Brutus is pretty much on the same feeding schedule. Is it less expensive to order the merricks online? I pay about $60 for a 25 pound bag.

$38 off Amazon for 35lb bag of WEF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Funny our dogs are. We are in the process of switching Loki from lamb to salmon nutrisource in hopes to hell with his dry skin and yeasty face as well as excess shedding. He does get salmon oil with his lamb food but we are holding until the transition is over don't want to over fish him. Hopefully chums transition goes smoothly and you can get his issues under control :)

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Is it diarrhea or soft serve? Diarrhea is watery or jelly like. That could be a bug if short lived. Canned pumpkin can help with that. or a bland diet until the stool is good, read ingredients very closely when switching because the same thing that causes indigestion can be in both foods and not necessarily the protein as the problem. It may be a good idea for you to try home cooking , you can make a weeks worth or more in advance by freezing portions. This cuts down on the amount of ingredients that can cause the disturbance keep me posted whatever you decide , I curious and concerned
sherry it's weird..his morning poop is either very runny or soft..his 6pm one is harder but definitely not what it should be. I have used the pumpkin and it helps a lot...when I don't use it it goes back to very soft..he's on the bland diet for the past 2 nights. Home cooking sounds involved I don't know if I can keep it up but if you can PM some recipes I'd appreciate it. At this point I don't know what I want to do..i thought he did ok on natural balance venison which he was on for a yrar before his rabies shot caused all those problems but i think that caused really foul gas and tear stains because they're gone now with the Fromms..maybe I should try a Fromms venison if they have it? I already tried the pork and peas and now the beef frittata.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I don't think Fromm has venison formula. But, Nature's Variety Instict Raw Boost has a Venison and Lamb formula that might work out for you.

In my opinion, if you're going to go with homemade diet, just go prey-model raw instead of dealing with cooking. It's simpler and designed for the dog's natural biology. But yes, going homemade is a do-it-yourselfer feeding method which requires that you do lots of research on canine nutrition because you get to balance everything according to your dog's needs yourself.

sstewart2010

Dec 10, 2012
Garden City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy
I tried the 2 different varieties of Fromm's with Leroy and he didn't really seem to do well on either one! He didn't really show any interest in eating the beef fritatta and I think the pork and applesauce was just no good with his allergies! I have him on a bland diet of beef and rice atm because I am wanting to try a different for him, I just ordered the bag of Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon dog food today so I am going to have him try that and see if that helps. I've never had him try Salmon as a protein source and I hope that this food being potato and grain free will help with his allergies as well! I guess it's hit or miss on the food with these guys. Fromm's seems to be used widely on this forum and I wanted it to work too but sometimes what works for some bullies doesn't work for others :-( Wishing you the best of luck with Blue wilderness!

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
My bully was on Fromm pork and pea for at least 3 months. His tear stain was gone but the itchiness was still there. Unfortunately, he starts to show allergy signs again this week, such as, vomiting and head shaking. So this week, I'm switching him to Go! Natural Turkey grain free and potato free. I'm keeping my fingers cross. If this doesn't work, he might be eating home cooked meals or raw as the very last resort. It has been a very frustrating journey.

For awhile, he was on California Natural kangaroo which he did very well for over a year. But he started vomiting and that's when I started switching to Natural Balance with limited ingredients but with no luck. Then Fromm and now Go.

Good luck in your search.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
My frenchton has skin allergies and our vet dermatologist (yes it got to the point where we are taking him to a dermatologist) recommended switching his kibble to something with a free range protein in it like duck or bison. Since we were already feeding them blue we just went to the wilderness. I have seen improvements in his skin since switching from reg blue to wilderness bison (he didn't like the duck too much) but he has also gained a bit of weight too so we are exercising all dogs more. Since we now have three dogs all are on wilderness (curly our EB is on wilderness puppy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.