Food change to Blue Wilderness from Fromms

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Is anybody using or has tried Blue Wilderness? I have Chumley currently on Fromm's Beef Fritatta and there are too many issues he's never had before...diarrhea, excessive scratching, red bumps on chin, and now today I noticed a big red lump between his toes which Im guessing is an interdigital cyst (don't know if that's food related or not though). About the only thing hes benefitted from on the Fromms is no more tear stains. I tried the Pork and Peas but he had diarrhea on that also which is why I switched to the Beef. This is so frustrating because everyone seems to have so much success using the Fromm's. I am considering the Blue Wilderness and just looking for any feedback on it. Thanks!

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
I haven't tried Wilderness but I do feed Fromm's. I use Pork n Peas and the Whitefish and Potato and have had no problems after about the first 2-3 weeks. One of mine is ultra sensitive to chicken and a lot of other things and does great with these two formulas. I also add pumpkin and yogurt to their second feeding each day.

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm having issue w/Fromms as well... Winston's stools are soft, but like you said the tear stains are gone!!! He was on Beef, then switched to Pork & Peas, and I just ordered Pork & Applesauce. I have cut Winston's quantity back some to see if that's what's causing the soft :poo:, but like you I'm frustrated that everyone else is doing great w/Fromm's!!!:confused: I had Winston & Bella on Blue Buffalo, and at first it seemed fine but after awhile they BOTH had horrific gas & loose stools. Winston's entire chin was red so I quit w/that... I put my boxer on Earthborn & she is doing fantastic, so I may switch Winston to that as well... Good Luck on the food pyramid!!! LOL

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm having issue w/Fromms as well... Winston's stools are soft, but like you said the tear stains are gone!!! He was on Beef, then switched to Pork & Peas, and I just ordered Pork & Applesauce. I have cut Winston's quantity back some to see if that's what's causing the soft :poo:, but like you I'm frustrated that everyone else is doing great w/Fromm's!!!:confused: I had Winston & Bella on Blue Buffalo, and at first it seemed fine but after awhile they BOTH had horrific gas & loose stools. Winston's entire chin was red so I quit w/that... I put my boxer on Earthborn & she is doing fantastic, so I may switch Winston to that as well... Good Luck on the food pyramid!!! LOL

Which Earthborn formula, Tracy?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Which Earthborn formula, Tracy?
I started Roxie on Great Plains Feast, then Primitive Natural & I just ordered Meadow Feast. Granted she's a boxer and 9 years young at that... but her coat looks fantastic, tons of energy & normal stools. I'm thinking of switching Winston, but dang it I just got his staining under control :yell:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's not just you, Blue can't eat Beef Frittata or Pork and Peas either. When we discovered his allergy to Beef, we moved him to the Pork and had even worse issues. Itching (especially on his face), and cysts. His ears were dirtier than usual as well.
Instead of switching to another company's product, I decided to switch proteins because it's easier on our bullies, and it won't take months to see results.
Blue's now on Fromm Salmon Tunalini. The itching stopped, cysts are gone, and ears are much cleaner. His chin is still pink now and then but I think that's more due to him being a sloppy drinker, and all around slob..lol..

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Jim, haven't tried the Blue Wilderness but I did have luck with the Blue Buffalo when they were young. I had since moved to Earthborn, to Fromm, back Earthborn and now it's back Fromm. Have you tried the Beef Fritatta yet? The Interdigital needs to be treated now. Go check out my post in the health section. I"m in the midst of prepping an article on these too right now and they can be related to food if there's an allergy. Not always but it does happen.
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] feeds Blue Buffalo.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Forgot to say, Emma gets very pink and tear stainy on Lamb and Salmon, Sally too. That's why I'm moving them back to the Fromm Beef Fritatta. They all do well on that.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus is on Merrick grain free buffalo and sweet potato. I couldn't find Fromm's anywhere in our area. Are you going to order it? Brutus doesn't have any problems on the Merrick. He has been slightly itchy very recently but I think his seasonal allergies are out of control right now.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Umm...Sorry I read your post wrong. I thought you were going to the Fromms. :eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is anybody using or has tried Blue Wilderness? I have Chumley currently on Fromm's Beef Fritatta and there are too many issues he's never had before...diarrhea, excessive scratching, red bumps on chin, and now today I noticed a big red lump between his toes which Im guessing is an interdigital cyst (don't know if that's food related or not though). About the only thing hes benefitted from on the Fromms is no more tear stains. I tried the Pork and Peas but he had diarrhea on that also which is why I switched to the Beef. This is so frustrating because everyone seems to have so much success using the Fromm's. I am considering the Blue Wilderness and just looking for any feedback on it. Thanks!

have you looked at the Game bird? Banks did good on that one too, but the Pork n Peas is her best to date.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I too am thinking of changing Tubby. Might try a different protein but same problems loose poops, red bumpy chin and he is always scratching his ears. I was shocked when these problems showed up. Everybody raves about Fromm but Tubbys body is ranting about it. Makes me mad cause now Tubbys dad wants to put him back in Royal Canin cause he never had these problems but after researching it I refuse to feed him that garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Wow these dogs are definitely individuals and what one does well on another may not do as well with. Fromm is certainly a very good dog food but a variety of things could cause an issue from the protein source I suppose to whatever. There are several really good brands of dog food out there today. Ace did well on Fromm but had a bit of constipation, I now feed Whole Earth Farms and also mix the occasional portions of Fromm with it but primarily its about 80% WEF. Both of our dogs do well on it and its a multiple protein source of kibble. We also almost always have a topper on their food of one sort or another of the things they like and tolerate well. It can be tricky finding the right kibble but so can switching too often.As I stated the majority of the kibble we feed is WEF's but I don't have any issues with mixing other kibble with it in small amounts to see how they react and do with it. I personally think exposing the to a variety of foods is beneficial, I'm sure others may disagree but I have my reasons for it

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

Is it diarrhea or soft serve? Diarrhea is watery or jelly like. That could be a bug if short lived. Canned pumpkin can help with that. or a bland diet until the stool is good, read ingredients very closely when switching because the same thing that causes indigestion can be in both foods and not necessarily the protein as the problem. It may be a good idea for you to try home cooking , you can make a weeks worth or more in advance by freezing portions. This cuts down on the amount of ingredients that can cause the disturbance keep me posted whatever you decide , I curious and concerned

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I had both of mine on Blue Wilderness for a year or so and they did well on it they loved the salmon. I just changed to Fromms beef just so they could have something different. They like fromms too and are doing well on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online