Proper amount for feeding your bully

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka is 7 months almost turning 8 months in a few weeks. I switched him slowly to adult food when he turned 6 months. I feed him about 1.3-1.4 cups twice a day. He weighs 53lbs right now. I am not sure if that is over weight. Or good enough. Took to the vet for a check up and everything. They didn't say anything about him being over weight. If he is over weight, what is the proper amount to feed him now?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The amount sounds perfect for his age :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, I agree, I would continue with that amount for a while. You can tell if he is too over weight when his waist starts going away and when you feel for his ribs it's soft to the touch. If in dought you can always show us some pics and we usually can tell.

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Great thanks for the help! At what age should I start feeding less? And when less about 1 cup a feeding? Or what amount? Thanks for the help.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i believe when sarah was one year old we fed her 1 cup twice a day but as she got older had to cut it back to 2/3 cup twice a day so it just depends on you bully. if they are gaining weight its time to cut back.

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
i believe when sarah was one year old we fed her 1 cup twice a day but as she got older had to cut it back to 2/3 cup twice a day so it just depends on you bully. if they are gaining weight its time to cut back.

Thanks for the input. I guess everything depends on how much weight he gains and how active he gets. Thanks for all the help!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.