My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What food is best for English Bulldogs, Puppies and Adult dogs? What about shampoo, What do you use to bathe your Bulldog? Thank You, My Otis

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I moved your post into a new topic so you will get more dedicated responses :up:

I love Fromm puppy for pups and Fromm four star for adults, but it does vary from bulldog to bulldog which food is best for them.

Shampoo I use baby wash until they are bigger, then I use a hypoallergenic shampoo. For my lazier adults I tend to use antibacterial antifungal shampoo but I would not use it on a young pup unless needed.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I use baby shampoo on both my boys, but there's a suppliment in it, I'm thinking it's Aloe, its suppose to calm them also, either way, they do well on it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:droolers:We feed our guys Fromm's Beef Frittata, but it is best to keep a puppy on a puppy formula kibble until the age of 6 or 7 months. Puppy food provides the extra calories, vitamins, and minerals needed for puppy growth and development. When Otis is 6 or 7 months old, you can switch him to good quality adult food that agrees with him. A lot of people on here feed Fromm's to their bullies, but every dog is different as to which protein they tolerate, a lot of EB are allergic to or don't tolerate chicken. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, grains, and corn. We switched foods 4 times until we found the Fromms Beef Frittata, and both my guys have been on this food for 11 months and are doing really well on it.

For shampoo, we use Petsmarts tearless puppy shampoo with oatmeal and chamomile, it smells like baby powder, and leaves them really clean and fresh smelling, and it doesn't irritate their eyes, because it's a tearless formula. I also rinse my guys with apple cider vinegar and warm water, after shampooing them, you can leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse it off, or you can also leave it on. The apple cider vinegar is really good for their skin and coat, it leaves them very soft and brightens their coat, and it also keeps them fresher smelling longer in between their baths.

Most Reactions