Has anyone's dog not done well on Fromms Pork & Peas?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Re: Has anyone's dog not done well on Fromms Pork & Peas?

Thanks everyone! I think I'm in more of a panic mode since I have to open the new bag of food for tonights feeding and when I got home for lunch today was when I noticed the itching on the other side of her neck. I called the store and I can exchange the P&P for Beef Frittata. I may switch back to TOTW after this bag.

Ami
I am in the exact same boat as you right now..i switched to fromms pork and peas in july and noticed more itching and diarrhea..i switched to beef frittata about 2 weeks ago and haven't noticed any improvement. I was on TOTW for a year until they had a recall and now my store doesn't sell it.He loved TOTW but he did have a lot of tear stains when he was on it/ I was afraid to go back after the recall. I don't know what to feed him next..he barely eats the fromms

- - - Updated - - -

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..we went through all the grain free Fromm formulas and Jake did ok..just ok on Beef Fritatta. But he did horrible on all the other ones. I switched to Earthborn and he's doing better on it. But..I'm sure it's not his "perfect" food. Sometimes I think there will ever be the ideal food for him. Luckily, he eats everything ..what works for one just doesn't necessarily work for another. Very frustrating!

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly is on Pork n Peas and I'm not sure it's agreeing with her. She's sitting at my feet licking her paws as I type this. Her coat on her belly appears to be thinning, her gas is ridiculous but her poop is the best that its ever been. I think we are going to try Salmon Tunalini next. :nervous:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Mine have been eating Pork&Peas for about 2 months now but I think after I finish my two bags I'm going to go back to Salmon Tunalini. The girls are both fine on anything I feed them but Gio has been kicking his paws way more and has been getting lots of eye gunk. I thought maybe his environmental allergies were still bothering him but I'm pretty sure it's the Pork&Peas. That's why I love Fromm, we can switch flavors so easily! Good luck on the switch! :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I had Winston on the Beef Frittatta, which cleared up his tear stains and this awful red staining on his neck! I decided to try the Pork & Peas, and honestly I don't think he's doing as well. Of course my issue is that it's starting to get cooler here so it's either environmental allergies or the food. His stool continues to be soft on Fromm, so I'm starting to wonder if this food is NOT the perfect one for him. I put my boxer on the Earthborn Holistic & she looks fantastic so I may go that route w/Winston... You are NOT the only one dealing w/the food jungle, it's really frustrating!!! :yell:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola just doesn't seem to like any Fromm kibbles... personal preference i suppose

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba and Shadow (Yorkie) both love their Fromm Port and Peas.
But it's so high in nutrition we have had to cut both of them back a bit due to their getting a little fat.
And WB seems to have worse tear stains and now a watery eye since we switched from Natures Variety Instinct Chicken Meal (recalled).
But otherwise, their poops are perfect and there are no issues like shedding, hot spots, rashes etc.

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
I tried to switch Sherman to Pork and Peas. He got tear stains right away. He is back to the Venison TOTW. For him, it's the best. I am going to stop trying to switch.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
I have Colossus on Chicken Ala Veg right now, he has watery eyes and softer"ish" poo on it than he did the Beef Fritatta, but the BF gave him terrible stinky gas (even the tail end of that bag that is mixed with the Chicken ala Veg is showing a rise in gas) and his coat wasnt that good. Im going to try Duck or Salmon next. Something that Fromms has in their grain free -- white potatoes, the "Grain" versions have sweet taters. The white potatoes could be causing some problem too, it was starting to give Colossus yeast between his back legs.

Its a crap shoot I tell you that.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Great, I just ordered P&P today for the hell of it. Dooley is Beef Fritatta and is fine other than shedding a TON. I dont see how he has any hair left on him. So I was thinking maybe a food change to see if it clears up the shedding a little.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have Colossus on Chicken Ala Veg right now, he has watery eyes and softer"ish" poo on it than he did the Beef Fritatta, but the BF gave him terrible stinky gas (even the tail end of that bag that is mixed with the Chicken ala Veg is showing a rise in gas) and his coat wasnt that good. Im going to try Duck or Salmon next. Something that Fromms has in their grain free -- white potatoes, the "Grain" versions have sweet taters. The white potatoes could be causing some problem too, it was starting to give Colossus yeast between his back legs.

Its a crap shoot I tell you that.
Good LORD, it's like you have to do a physical exam every time they eat, and then you're outside looking thru :poo:!!! My neighbors must think I'm insane... LOL :confused:

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
The struggle is the glory :lol: we ended up buying Holly some Surf n Turf. Only been through a few meals but so far so good. Her eyes are not bloodshot anymore and she seems to have handled to switch just fine.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Good LORD, it's like you have to do a physical exam every time they eat, and then you're outside looking thru :poo:!!! My neighbors must think I'm insane... LOL :confused:

:lmao:Oh my, this made me giggle...thank you Tracey. I needed a good belly laugh just about now! (just visualizing you doing your poopy-inspection)!!!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:lmao:Oh my, this made me giggle...thank you Tracey. I needed a good belly laugh just about now! (just visualizing you doing your poopy-inspection)!!!
Happy to oblige Henny!!! :D Sounds like you had a rough day w/Finn... I'm sure he will be fine now :hug:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon would rather starve than eat anything with lamb in it....he refuses!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.