Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
evupuzed.jpg

Hello ! Y un abrazo muy grande a todos!
This is my baby Tiara... When we first got her from the breeder 4 weeks ago she was 4 lb overweight and no waist line whatsoever ! (Not too sexy but shakes her butt like crazy!) feeding her 2 1/2 cups daily but no much luck loosing weight...we have been feeding her royal canin same as the breeder but she has develope some bumps around her head like six or sevens ... They look like ant bites or Mosquitos ! Could this be related to the food or weight?, we want to change to Fromm ..? Any tricks on how to slim my girl without starving her... Fruits ? Vegetables ? Thank you!
upu6a7yn.jpg
dugaquqe.jpg
ube9aja5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This pup certainly doesn't look too fat to me. It is a bully pup, you would not want a pup to be skinny. Someone who is more expert will respond, but I never heard of putting a pup on a diet to lose weight, as they are constantly growing and need nutrition. Only a "special needs" diet, perhaps. You may take a look at the DIET AND NUTRITION forum, also.

Last edited:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
This pup certainly doesn't look too fat to me. It is a bully pup, you would not want a pup to be skinny. Someone who is more expert will respond, but I never heard of putting a pup on a diet to lose weight, as they are constantly growing and need nutrition. Only a "special needs" diet, perhaps. You may take a look at the DIET AND NUTRITION forum, also.

I agree with Lynn. They grow so quickly...one minute they are chunky, the next, thinner...but, I'm sure some of our food experts will be along with more help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think she looks fine, especially for her age. Puppies tend to be pudgy for a while and then the weight falls off of them.

Royal Canine is not the best food though as you are probably figuring out right now.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Fromm Pork and Peas is truely fabulous food, maybe a little too good.
Check out the label compared to lesser dog foods.
When the vet and the groomer both told me Walley-Bubba is getting fat, I listened.
The breeder also cautioned me about the him getting a bit heavy (60 lbs at 9 months) which could bow his still developing legs.

So we now have him down to 1-cup in the morning and 3 Milk Bones at night during the week.
And 1 cup twice a day on weekends and holidays.

Part of his overweight is my fault for being blind and not seeing the small lines/measures on the 1-cup scoop I've been using.
So I was probably giving him close to 2 cups instead of 1 cup and feeding twice a day.
Also, it's been so hot here lately with so much smoke from the wildfires, I didn't want to walk him much.
I need to get up early and walk him while it's cool!

He has leaned up a little and seems a bit more aggressive than usual.
But at least he will keep his very straight legs and not get bowlegged due to overfeeding a pup.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She looks great to me for her weight. I would change her food like you want too, but would not really cut back on her food. We have a 16 week old pup and are feeding her about 2 1/2 cup a day, split into 3 times a day.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
She's BEAUTIFUL!!
Yeah what he said....I think she is beautiful. I mean I only have experience with one but food for us has been a trial and error process and Sheldon will be two in Nov.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She looks great --- agree with otheres, she is a pup and they tend to not have a waistline till they get a little older.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I kept Amber on 2 cups of food daily until recently; she is almost 2 now and she does have a waistline but she was getting a bit heavier so I have cut her back to 3/4 of a cup twice a day. Ruby is 8 months old and she gets 2 cups a day, one in the morning and one at night. She is a monster but I will do the same as I did Amber and let her grow until she is almost 2, then I will evaluate the situation and see if she needs to be slimmed down. Your is a pup and looks great; let her grow, she needs the nutrition. I would recommend finding a better dog food; Amber and Ruby get homemade food and I was using Blue Buffalo while I had to travel but the summer was extremely difficult on allergies so I had to change their food. I went with the Wellness Core Ocean and that seems to be working well for both of them during the times I have to travel and am unable to make their food. It is completely grain free, a bit costly ($72.00 a bag) but so far so good. I have limited options for food choices where I am at and the Wellness Core Ocean is readily available and my dogs love it. Good luck, its all trial and error when dealing with the food issues.

OP
Maomao

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
Thanks everyone ! Really appreciate you guys comments ... And knowledge ... !
Does anyone now why they developed this bumps ! They look like mosquito bites or ant bites! Could it be the food ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions