Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help me help my bully baby!!!

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please help me help my bully baby!!!

Aw thank you!!! I just love her so much!! And yes, the advice has been so amazing and so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    Amber and Molly. You have gotten some outstanding advice already. I have nothing to add except that Molly is beautiful!

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

Hi everyone! Just a quick update on my girl.....

We started the Fromm Pork and Peas yesterday. I added a little in with her old food, and for the first time in days, she gobbled all her food down in one sitting. Her poop is looking SO much better, and doesn't smell nearly as bad as it has. I couldn't believe it changed so quickly. I suppose it could also be the antibiotics making it more solid, but there is no way they are making it smell less. Sorry for the TMI, but I'm quite happy about this part.

She seems to be getting back to her happy, playful self, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy....lol.

Thank you all again for the wonderful advice!!!

Amber

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Molly is my first bully, and I never knew it possible to love a dog as much as my "human" children, but she has shown me just how possible it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleym View Post
    Molly is adorable! poor thing had a lot of issues in her short life. You got a lot of great information and advise from everyone above. It can take up to 30 days before the old food will work out of her system and for you to start seeing improvments. I also feed Fromm Pork and Peas and Fergus does great on it. Your a great bully mom who cared enough to ask questions Molly is lucky to have you

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Hi Amber, my name is Lisa and we brought Bella home on July 6th when she was just 8wk old (so our girls are nearly the same age). Pretty soon Bella developed a respiratory tract infection and diarrohea with a small amount of blood present, and this was treated with 3 different lots of antibiotics. At this time she was on a diet of chicken fillets, kibble, and occasionally tinned dog food, but to be honest she will eat anything. Bella also developed a small patch of hair loss on her cheek. After the vet inspected this under an ultraviolet light she said Bella had ringworm, which was treated with Imaverol. The cough and cold cleared up, the diarrohea stopped and the patch of ringworm cleared up and her hair grew back. For a week Bella had no problems, and then she began to lose hair on top of her head and then another patch near her right eye. Thinking it was another case of ringworm I bathed it again in the lotion from the vet, but when this failed to get any better I took her back to the vet who took skin scrapings, and the test results came back as dermodectic mange. Since then we have started bathing her once a week in Aludex lotion, and we have fed her just chicken and tuna. I have also added low fat natural yoghurt into her diet, and she has been started on "Cephacare" antibiotics from the vet. Her patches are starting to look a little better. She has never been ill in herself or off her food, in fact she's full of energy!!!! I just hope we can get on top of her skin and get her back to being our beautiful baby bully!!!! Just wondering now if any other experienced bully owners can recommend anything else?? All help greatly appreciated. xx

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to you and molly. I hope all of the issues you are experiencing will soon disappear. I know what you mean when you say you never knew you could love a dog so much. I have always had labs and I loved them so much ( I still have two) but the day we brought Brutus home Jan. 30th 2013, we have experienced such unconditional love and joy. There really is no other love like the love of a bully! You sound like a great bully mom already and Brutus and I wish you all the best in your journey of crazy bullyness. There really is no better place!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads