Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11 week old pup. Feeding questions.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 11 week old pup. Feeding questions.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogmama2200 View Post
    Thank you so much. Though "2 times a week" might leave her a bit hungry

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

LOL at the gas. I cannot tell you how obnoxious and atrocious Phoebe's gas is right now, and I'm NOT a first-time bulldog owner. It's totally disgusting, and I can't wait to "fix it" at least a little, haha
    You could add a separate probiotic to her food to help that issue too. Plain greek yogurt, or some kefir or Pearls. that sort of thing.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

No you are not wrong. The Fromm's 4 star line has both grain free and food with grains in it and the last time I looked the pork and peas did not have chicken in it but i don't have the bag in front of me so I could be wrong. We have an 18 week old pup and being that the Fromm's 4 star line is an all stages food we are beginning to switch her over early than we wanted to but it is in an effort to control and hopefully reduce the flare ups of a condition our baby was diagnosed with recently.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

We started Winston off w/the Fromm's Puppy Gold & at about 6 mos gradually switched him to the Beef. This last bag I ordered the Pork & Peas and he seems to be doing great... I also give him a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt to help w/the digestive issues. We had him originally on Blue Buffalo & the gas was outrageous!!! Food is really trial & error... each bully is different!!! Good Luck

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Cathy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Phoebe
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all of the added input. I really do appreciate it.

We had to change our previous bulldog's food a time or two, but it's been a while. I do 25/75 for 2 days then 50/50 for 3 days then 75/25 for 2 days, then 100% new food?

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

We just finished switching June over to Fromms Puppy Gold (she will 14 weeks this week). The ratio you have is the same as what our vet recommended. We took a little longer though so we could finish using the old bag of food. She was on Eukanuba Puppy (lamb) from her breeder which she was doing fine on, but based on the low star ratings we decided to switch. She also has bad tear stains, so we're going to see if this food helps after about a month. She has never had a gas problem, luckily, or maybe she doesn't do it when i'm around haha. We will probably switch to the beef frittata or pork and peas flavor in a couple of months.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all of the added input. I really do appreciate it.

We had to change our previous bulldog's food a time or two, but it's been a while. I do 25/75 for 2 days then 50/50 for 3 days then 75/25 for 2 days, then 100% new food?

Ya..we take about 10 days...go 3 days before increasing....

Real Name
    Cathy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Phoebe
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ya..we take about 10 days...go 3 days before increasing....
    Hi Becky - I tried replying to an old private message of yours -- I have not bee back to this site since this last post from you. I don't get a lot of online time, and really don't have the time/energy to put into trying to figure out this site -- I find the set up to be very confusing/frustrating, and generally I don't have trouble navigating websites. The people and info have been fantastic. It's the setup I can't figure out, and I just don't have it in me to bother with all of my other responsibilities, unfortunately. Anyhow, I tried sending a private message back to you, but it said I couldn't. Again, I have no idea why. IDK if you will get this message here instead, but thank you for checking on me & Phoebe. That was very kind & I really appreciate it. We are doing well.

I'm sure to log in here from time to time - maybe once a month. I'm inclined to ask more questions, but feel badly to pop in with questions I need help with but not have the time to help others or to form bonds in this forum, so I've avoided that -- didn't want to be selfish. Just reading where/when I can.

Thank you again,
    Cathy (& Phoebe)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads