Dry Dog Food For Bullies

harvey

Sep 6, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey and Tommy
Dear bulldog community. I'd like to hear more about what brands of dry food is best for bulldogs. My dogs have what I believe are food allergies, and I might have to change brands.

Please help--thank you.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use Fromms Pork & Peas. I switched over from Fromms Beef Fritata and have had no problems.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We currently use Fromm's puppy gold in the pink bag but will be starting to switch our pup to Fromm's Pork and Peas in the near future.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use Earthbourne Holistic Grain Free, lamb.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Nature's Variety Instinct is a very good kibble that you may want to look into (they have grain free), in addition to the Fromm mentioned above.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed Fromms Pork & Peas, and they are doing well.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
There is a great list of foods on here starting with six star going down to one star. I bought Sheldon some 4Health sold by our Local Tractor Supply Company and it smelled so good when I opened the bag MY mouth watered. Sheldon loves it, I am mixing it half and half with "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul" and it smells so good together and Sheldon has cleaned his bowl both days. I love the Energy he has. What I am trying to say just because one person's dog does great on a 6 star food doesn't mean that all of them will do better on a six star or like it better. I have learned its a trial and error procedure at least it has been for me but I think I found the right combination.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I'm feeding my guy fromms beef frittata

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think you will get lots of different answers! Seems every Bully reacts differently to food..and finding the right one is soooo hard! What are you feeing them now? Here is a link to a great article about the top 5 recommendations here..there are lots of great articles on nutrition here..use the Navibar above and click on Home..look on left side for articles and then Bulldog Nutrition..lots of great info!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?203-Our-Top-5-Recommended-Dog-Food-Choices

OP
harvey

harvey

Sep 6, 2013
Reno, Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey and Tommy
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you.

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
Morgan eats Fromms Gold for Puppies, the one in the pink bag. He's 15 weeks old and doing very well :-)

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hooch is on Annamaet's Manitok grain free food. He has only been on it for about two months, so far, so good. He doesn't seem to get yeast-infected ears anymore and his face, folds, and eyes are beginning to look healthier also. I just recently started him on 75 mg of Benadryl daily , and have noticed that his eyes don't seem to get that goopy mucus discharge anymore. He really is high maintenace LOL, but I love him and tell him he is worth it every day. Shamrock 13 and Hooch

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
There is a great list of foods on here starting with six star going down to one star. I bought Sheldon some 4Health sold by our Local Tractor Supply Company and it smelled so good when I opened the bag MY mouth watered. Sheldon loves it, I am mixing it half and half with "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul" and it smells so good together and Sheldon has cleaned his bowl both days. I love the Energy he has. What I am trying to say just because one person's dog does great on a 6 star food doesn't mean that all of them will do better on a six star or like it better. I have learned its a trial and error procedure at least it has been for me but I think I found the right combination.
I'm starting to think I have the only bulldog who doesn't like Fromms..i switched from natural balance to fromms pork and peas and he got diarrhea too frequently..I just switched to the beef frittata but he turns his nose up at it. he used to eat voraciously..now he leaves half a bowl unless I mix it with some beef or chicken.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm starting to think I have the only bulldog who doesn't like Fromms..i switched from natural balance to fromms pork and peas and he got diarrhea too frequently..I just switched to the beef frittata but he turns his nose up at it. he used to eat voraciously..now he leaves half a bowl unless I mix it with some beef or chicken.

No my friend Sheldon isn't fond of it but this he loves I mix it half and half

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.