Salmon Oil Question

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I recently got a bottle of GNC Wild Salmon oil to try with Tucker. His coat and skin has been a little dry since we moved down to South Carolina, so I am hoping this will help with that. On the bottle it says not to use with dogs under 6 months. Tucker is only 4 months old. What side effects could this have on a dog under 6 months old? Has anyone used wild salmon oil on a dog under 6 months old? I also got a Snout Stick to help with his dry nose... he absolutely hates having that applied

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I started givign my pup Salmon oil pretty early around 4 months and he had no issues. I am sure someone with more knowledge will stop by and answer that question. My best results have been from giving my babies. 1 tbls of coconut oil in the morning mixed in with thier breakfast and 1 tbls of fish oil at night mixed in with their dinner. They have very shiny and soft fur. Also if Tucker doesnt like the snout stick you can use coconut oil on his nose, paws and even skin issues. Its really good for them. Just make sure to get good quality organic coconut oil.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm afraid I can't help with your question. Just wanted to say Salmon Oil is an amazing additive and we don't go without it now. Beautiful shiny coats and truly cut the shedding in half -- maybe more. Incredible stuff.

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I used it at 5 months for mine. Won't do without it.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki has been on GNC Salmon oil since he was about 4 months it does make his coat nice and shiny. We laugh at him and call him fish face after he eats it LOL They also have chews that you can buy too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.