Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

Default Out of food

I misjudged how much food I had and I have none. I can get some in the morning no problem and really she would be fine over night until I can, but we walked a lot today and I know she'll be getting hungry. Maggie normally eats a good sized meal at night and thats it. I've tried feeding her smaller portions twice a day but she still doesn't touch it til night time, which is fine. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to cook her some chicken to hold her over until tomorrow morning or if I should just wait. If you suggest I cook her some chicken, is there anything I could put with it that would be safe?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Out of food

You can give her bland diet, chicken or beef with rice. It should not effect her at all. .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member cbh142's Avatar
    Real Name
    Colleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Geno
    Likes (Received)

Yes tell her its a special treat
    RIP Fonzi- Mommy and Daddy miss you!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
    Likes (Received)

Agreed chicken & rice, you can add veggies like green beans or plain potatoes too.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, you already got great advice from Lisa, bland diet is fine, you can cook a chicken breast and rice, and if you want you can add broccoli, or other vegetables like carrots, cauliflower. I feed our guys Fromms Beef Fritatta kibble in the morning and about once every two weeks I make a batch of homemade for both of them. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, and salmon, so I use beef. I take a sauté skillet, or my wok and I brown about 4 pounds of lean ground sirloin, with water, no oil, and a little bit of beef broth, then I add one package of frozen California mixed vegetables which contain carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, you don't want to use corn. Then I cook 2 cups of rice, and add it to the beef and vegetable mixture. I divide the mixture into 1 cup servings, and I usually get 12 servings, which gives my two 6 meals. I give them this for their evening meal. They inhale it, and love it. Your baby will love a home cooked meal, and may get spoiled and want you to cook more.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Queen Margaret May
    Likes (Received)

I cooked her some chicken in water. I didn't have any rice. She was in her crate when I put it in her bowl and she jumped up and tried to eat it through the bars! I'd love to make more home cooked meals but I'm not sure i can afford it At the moment. It will definitely be something I will do eventually.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

if this happens in the future you can add any carb to the chicken you have there. rice brown rice millet potato sweet potato well you get the idea. it doesnt have to be rice. also doesnt have to be chicken can be beef or fish. long as your dog is not allergic to it its fine. its actually not as expensive as you might think. i buy dried beans in a bag and cook then on the stove. the same for the brown rice and millet i use. the green beans i use the microwave ones that are plain. the meat is the most expensive thing. just a thought.

Real Name
    Terri
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
    Likes (Received)

With regard to the chicken... only use the white meat. The dark meat is too rich and will make them have loose stools. Bon Appetit :-)

Baxter Tiberius

I have seen many people here say that chicken is inflammatory for bulldogs. Even the chicken version of dog foods causes problems. Not the case?

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Green Beans are great to add to it....low calories and it fills em up. Mine loves em.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, you already got great advice from Lisa, bland diet is fine, you can cook a chicken breast and rice, and if you want you can add broccoli, or other vegetables like carrots, cauliflower. I feed our guys Fromms Beef Fritatta kibble in the morning and about once every two weeks I make a batch of homemade for both of them. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, and salmon, so I use beef. I take a sauté skillet, or my wok and I brown about 4 pounds of lean ground sirloin, with water, no oil, and a little bit of beef broth, then I add one package of frozen California mixed vegetables which contain carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, you don't want to use corn. Then I cook 2 cups of rice, and add it to the beef and vegetable mixture. I divide the mixture into 1 cup servings, and I usually get 12 servings, which gives my two 6 meals. I give them this for their evening meal. They inhale it, and love it. Your baby will love a home cooked meal, and may get spoiled and want you to cook more.
    Thank you I am going to give this a try. Do you use regular rice or the quick rice? and can I divide it into pre-measured bowls to refrigerate?

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I have seen many people here say that chicken is inflammatory for bulldogs. Even the chicken version of dog foods causes problems. Not the case?
    it depends on the bulldog. my Lola is allergic to boiled chicken and chicken kibble but I've also heard of bullies being allergic to chicken kibble but not raw chicken, presumably where the human knows where his chicken is raised. could be the hormones or other "goodies" factory farming has put into mass produced meat.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads