Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Out of food

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    Thank you I am going to give this a try. Do you use regular rice or the quick rice? and can I divide it into pre-measured bowls to refrigerate?
    I use freezer bags for each meal portion n put them in the freezer. I get one out as I'm feeding so it is thawed by the next meal n just open the bag n put it in the microwave for 20 or so seconds n just pour it i n the bowl. I have used the quick rice and even the microwave rice just plain no sauce. I went to brown rice then millet.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    I have seen many people here say that chicken is inflammatory for bulldogs. Even the chicken version of dog foods causes problems. Not the case?
    Sarah is allergic to all other proteins I've tried except Turkey so she had chicken every meal n has no problems n I know other bullies here who have chicken. bullies can have chicken it's only a problem if they are allergic to it.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, you already got great advice from Lisa, bland diet is fine, you can cook a chicken breast and rice, and if you want you can add broccoli, or other vegetables like carrots, cauliflower. I feed our guys Fromms Beef Fritatta kibble in the morning and about once every two weeks I make a batch of homemade for both of them. My female Blossom is allergic to chicken, and salmon, so I use beef. I take a sauté skillet, or my wok and I brown about 4 pounds of lean ground sirloin, with water, no oil, and a little bit of beef broth, then I add one package of frozen California mixed vegetables which contain carrots, cauliflower and broccoli, you don't want to use corn. Then I cook 2 cups of rice, and add it to the beef and vegetable mixture. I divide the mixture into 1 cup servings, and I usually get 12 servings, which gives my two 6 meals. I give them this for their evening meal. They inhale it, and love it. Your baby will love a home cooked meal, and may get spoiled and want you to cook more.
    I love this. What kind of rice is best for their tummies? Would Jasmine rice be ok? I'm assuming not minute rice.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KarenP View Post
    I love this. What kind of rice is best for their tummies? Would Jasmine rice be ok? I'm assuming not minute rice.

Mmmmmmm!!! Jasmine rice, we buy it in 5 pound bags.. lol Would get the 20# bag if we had a good way to store it.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I use jasmine rice or brown rice

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia
    Likes (Received)

What about adding spinach? I know it's good for people

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i dont see anything wrong with spinach and i feed green beans and am going to try peas. i use millet for sarah as the white rice and brown rice she was allergic to. there is also quinoa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads