Is Juicing Veggies okay?

B

Baxter Tiberius

I have gotten in the habit of juicing organic vegetables a few times a week, for health purposes, and truly believe it is the most significant nutritional step you can take for good health.

I was thinking of giving Baxter some of my juiced veggies (just a small amount) when I juice.

It would be Broccoli, Carrots, Apples, Celery, and Rainbow Shard.

Do you guys think this would be a great benefit to his health? Any risks?

Kevin

aspen2012

Aug 23, 2013
New Mexico
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Aspen
Aspen is on a very strict diet but I do sneak in carrots celery and kale in her diet. Doesn't seem to cause her any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Aspen is on a very strict diet but I do sneak in carrots celery and kale in her diet. Doesn't seem to cause her any problems.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm i dont see why it would be a problem myself long as he is not allergic to any of those items something they shouldnt have like grapes. i have though of feeding sarah some of my juicing juice myself.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Just an update on this. As happened with me when I juiced way too many vegetables for my body size one day, Baxter got some diarrhea after he drank the highly concentrated pure vegetable juice. I think maybe it's probably better to just give him the vegetables he can eat. The juice results in significantly larger quantity, and higher concentration of veggies.

As a sidenote, I had barely given him a half cup of the juice. But still, it's like a powerful wheatgrass shot

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just an update on this. As happened with me when I juiced way too many vegetables for my body size one day, Baxter got some diarrhea after he drank the highly concentrated pure vegetable juice. I think maybe it's probably better to just give him the vegetables he can eat. The juice results in significantly larger quantity, and higher concentration of veggies.

As a sidenote, I had barely given him a half cup of the juice. But still, it's like a powerful wheatgrass shot

Since so concentrated, you could drizzel just a small amount as a topper over his food and
add 1 TBSP of pure pumpkin to firm poo (NOT pumpkin pie mix) and see how it goes. I've
heard veggies need to be slightly cooked (steamed or boiled) to be broken down so dogs
could absorb nutrients...
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

Since so concentrated, you could drizzel just a small amount as a topper over his food and
add 1 TBSP of pure pumpkin to firm poo (NOT pumpkin pie mix) and see how it goes. I've
heard veggies need to be slightly cooked (steamed or boiled) to be broken down so dogs
could absorb nutrients...
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

That's probably from the introduction of something new into his system. You could start by diluting it, adding less water every couple of days.

@TexasCarol You have to blanch any raw vegetables that you feed your pet to break down the layer of cellulose that surrounds almost all plants. The cellulose is what stops them from being fully digested. Freezing or dipping them in boiling water cracks that layer so that the digestive juices can get to the nutrients. This also goes for people.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@TexasCarol You have to blanch any raw vegetables that you feed your pet to break down the layer of cellulose that surrounds almost all plants. The cellulose is what stops them from being fully digested. Freezing or dipping them in boiling water cracks that layer so that the digestive juices can get to the nutrients. This also goes for people.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Bev, for confirming that information. Sending kisses & hugs from me & Cami.
:heartsign:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.