Nylabone's safe??

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Are nylabone's safe for bullies to eat? Stella is teething so bad all she wants to do is chew her nylabone's to shreds. I occasionally see her chewing on a shred of it. :confused:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they are. I check them every once in a while to make sure there are no sharp points.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Im sure you will get great advice, for some reason Vegas hates nylabones. He only will chew his deer antlers. Have you tried those?? Seems like they are very popular with all the bully's here.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I've had the same nylabone since we've adopted Ollie, He's almost 2 so way past the teething but it has lasted and he doesn't chew it often. This was the best 10 bucks i've spent, and glad to get away from rawhides, we gave our dane rawhides not knowing then how bad they were for dogs! Does anyone know can they go in the dishwasher like alone? His looks dingy/dirty since its been months since we've had it and i'd like to zap it thru a quick wash cycle!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki loves his nylabones! We take them often and pull or cut off any pieces that look like he might be able to get them off. They have a really great one that we started using recently it is a nylabone shaped stick so it is hallow in the center we put peanut butter in there for a treat but it is nice because we can just chop the ends off as they get worn down. We clean our a few times a week hot water and a scrub brush does wonders!

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
Nyla bones, antlers and hooves are the best thing that you could give your bully . And yes Nyla bones can be placed in the dishwasher .

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I've had the same nylabone since we've adopted Ollie, He's almost 2 so way past the teething but it has lasted and he doesn't chew it often. This was the best 10 bucks i've spent, and glad to get away from rawhides, we gave our dane rawhides not knowing then how bad they were for dogs! Does anyone know can they go in the dishwasher like alone? His looks dingy/dirty since its been months since we've had it and i'd like to zap it thru a quick wash cycle!
We put ours in the dishwasher on the top rack in the silverware tray with no dish soap on a sani wash and they have come out fine. Don't try it with the softer rubber ones or Kongs as they tend to come out deformed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
totally safe... dishwasher or th real hard ones, you can sand/dremel the rough edges off

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes nylabones are ok. i wish sarah would chew on them but she is only interested in real bones with chicken wrapped around them.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

That's amazing! This is what rocco's looks like which I bought yesterday!

requ2evu.jpg

Teething puppy lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
That's amazing! This is what rocco's looks like which I bought yesterday!

requ2evu.jpg

Teething puppy lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
Yep Teething puppy!!! Better the nylabone though than shoes, baseboards, and anything else they can get those jaws on!! He really doesn't chew it often, once in a while I catch him trying to get a bite outta my sons wood train table, I just tell him to get his bone, he'll grab it for 5 mins and be done!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Yep Teething puppy!!! Better the nylabone though than shoes, baseboards, and anything else they can get those jaws on!! He really doesn't chew it often, once in a while I catch him trying to get a bite outta my sons wood train table, I just tell him to get his bone, he'll grab it for 5 mins and be done!

Yes it's true. But he'll still drop it and look for something he shouldn't chew on. Then I have to put the bone back in his mouth lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have always had nylabones for my pups-and the grown dogs love them also. My dogs like the flexibones-they don't bother with the durabones. If they get pieces off them, I take the pieces and throw them away, or if the nylabone gets too small-but they last along time. I do not get the edible bones, and they love the cow hooves, but I would not leave them alone with them, as they can get pieces off of them also. They have a pile of different sized nylabones, but of course, they always want the SAME ONE, so they run around chasing each other 'cause "hey, Ma, she got the BEST one that I wanted!"

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.