AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Sleeping is one of the things bullies do best. Some will sleep 16 hours a day. :)

That is insane! I know they are lazy, but they are really supposed to sleep that much? She actually got up and played around after supper and then we went for a walk so hopefully this is good signs to come.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When we adopted our ollie he was eating purina, he too ha no issues till they only had his type in chicken. I had been here reading and researching for me im off wk for medical issues but not getting an income so fromm was out. I did find tractor supply grain free brand its an ok rating but lord this dog now has spunk!! His fur has improved he has energy he used to sleep all day i just assumed that was an eb as he is our first!! Wrong i wouldnt have guessed food and im so thankful for this site as well!!! Good luck!

We have a Tractor Supply here what's the name of the brand please??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
We have a Tractor Supply here what's the name of the brand please??

4health they have grain free, and then they have some thats no corn,wheat or soy...we do the grain free its 30$ for a 30 or 32 lb bag, we have used the beef and potato and whitefish and potato. It's not a 5 or 6 star food but I can't afford that now, I looked and looked and it is the cheapest that i've found grain free. he's been on it a month and def seen positive results so if you can't afford those higher priced i think this is a good option. Also somone has mentioned that costco has a grain free with decent reviews I don't have a membership otherwise I would have tried that route.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
You are not an idiot -we all been there -year ago when i lived in Poland i used to think that Eukanuba is great! it is expensive - so must be great too, untill i started learning more about food - it was 11 years ago so the information on the web wasnt as great as we have now -(eukanuba also test on animals)
From lack of choice i started feeding raw
When i moved here i always gone for grain free (in uk james wellbeloved is quite good) -i try to feed them as best as i can -it might not be as good as some of us brands (we get them too but tax on it is a pure robbery!!)
But i also try to educate my friends who feed wagg (and this stuff does not deserve a 1 star neither!!!-yuck) of what they actually give to their dogs

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
4health they have grain free, and then they have some thats no corn,wheat or soy...we do the grain free its 30$ for a 30 or 32 lb bag, we have used the beef and potato and whitefish and potato. It's not a 5 or 6 star food but I can't afford that now, I looked and looked and it is the cheapest that i've found grain free. he's been on it a month and def seen positive results so if you can't afford those higher priced i think this is a good option. Also somone has mentioned that costco has a grain free with decent reviews I don't have a membership otherwise I would have tried that route.

My husband just got laid off so we were looking for something we could feed Sheldon that is good for him the Salmon oil has helped his skin and coat so much we don't have a Costco here but we do have the tractor Supply Company I got excited LOL

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We tried a few different dog foods , like you we want whats best for the dog to heck with price, all except what we are using gave them the same problem smelly stool gas loose stool ect ect
think what we found was if it works stick too it as long as the dog is healthy stick too it , I always mention to our vet what were feeding and how much so she is aware of it also, the vet is there doctor , My doctor always asks me what I have been eating , Mind he always says I,M fat and eat and drink to much , funny tho he is the one in hospital all the time not me tho .

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We tried a few different dog foods , like you we want whats best for the dog to heck with price, all except what we are using gave them the same problem smelly stool gas loose stool ect ect
think what we found was if it works stick too it as long as the dog is healthy stick too it , I always mention to our vet what were feeding and how much so she is aware of it also, the vet is there doctor , My doctor always asks me what I have been eating , Mind he always says I,M fat and eat and drink to much , funny tho he is the one in hospital all the time not me tho .

My doctor use to say I was the healthiest fat person he knew.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
My husband just got laid off so we were looking for something we could feed Sheldon that is good for him the Salmon oil has helped his skin and coat so much we don't have a Costco here but we do have the tractor Supply Company I got excited LOL

give it a try You won't know untill you do. Our dog is not super sensitive like i said he did fine on the purina but then walmart only had chicken and thats when he went down hill. We just have Ollie so the big bag last nearly a month...I know its better than purina/pedigree and such just not as good as some of the others that I can't afford at the moment. Yes its good to feed a quality food but not all dogs need the 5 star foods to do best!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
give it a try You won't know untill you do. Our dog is not super sensitive like i said he did fine on the purina but then walmart only had chicken and thats when he went down hill. We just have Ollie so the big bag last nearly a month...I know its better than purina/pedigree and such just not as good as some of the others that I can't afford at the moment. Yes its good to feed a quality food but not all dogs need the 5 star foods to do best!
I am going to give it a try. We only have Sheldon and my mother in law's tea cup yorkie so a bag like that would last us a month also, we are gold as long as it doesn't have lamb in it LOL Sheldon WILL NOT eat lamb. He once went two days without eating I finally had to make him so food to eat so I could get him to eat I gave that food away and bought some different. Pet Sense had the Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers soul on sale the other day for 15 dollars

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.