Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work.... keep us posted on how she is doing with the transition!

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Thanks! I sure hope we get better results! I actually went to a local pet food warehouse and went in to get Fromms Beef Fritta (sp?) anyways the worker had asked me what I was looking for and I had told her the food I wanted and she asked me what kind of dog I had and I said english bulldog so she proceeded to say that she would show me a suggested brand of food specially made for bulldogs - Royal Canin (sp again?) Bulldog - she had said it promotes healthy joints, wrinkles, less farting, ect. I stated that I would prefer to get Fromms as I have been doing quite some research on this and I don't have time to mess around with random brands of foods. She took me and showed me the Fromm's and I got a smaller bag, sense it is so expensive I figured I would see how Brynn does first before buying a big bag, but while I was looking at all the different flavors another lady came to pick up a bag and had said to me this was the best food she has ever fed her dogs and that I was making a good choice so I felt better about buying it plus all of you guys made it clear especially after reading the articles that this food is much better than Purina. Just goes to show though people we would think to know things about animals don't always know exactly what they are talking about.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! I sure hope we get better results! I actually went to a local pet food warehouse and went in to get Fromms Beef Fritta (sp?) anyways the worker had asked me what I was looking for and I had told her the food I wanted and she asked me what kind of dog I had and I said english bulldog so she proceeded to say that she would show me a suggested brand of food specially made for bulldogs - Royal Canin (sp again?) Bulldog - she had said it promotes healthy joints, wrinkles, less farting, ect. I stated that I would prefer to get Fromms as I have been doing quite some research on this and I don't have time to mess around with random brands of foods. She took me and showed me the Fromm's and I got a smaller bag, sense it is so expensive I figured I would see how Brynn does first before buying a big bag, but while I was looking at all the different flavors another lady came to pick up a bag and had said to me this was the best food she has ever fed her dogs and that I was making a good choice so I felt better about buying it plus all of you guys made it clear especially after reading the articles that this food is much better than Purina. Just goes to show though people we would think to know things about animals don't always know exactly what they are talking about.

One of my big favorites of the Fromm grain free line.... you can go between flavors if it works for your baby. I start Banks on Beef Frittatia, and have used Game Bird, nut she is now on Pork and Peas and doing the best she ever has

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
One of my big favorites of the Fromm grain free line.... you can go between flavors if it works for your baby. I start Banks on Beef Frittatia, and have used Game Bird, nut she is now on Pork and Peas and doing the best she ever has

It doesn't bother him to switch up flavors? Or do you slowly introduce a new flavor to the old? What a good way to mix up things though :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It doesn't bother him to switch up flavors? Or do you slowly introduce a new flavor to the old? What a good way to mix up things though :)

That is the awesome thing about the Fromm Grain free line... stay in that line and Beef for breakfast... Pork and Peas for dinner. BUT, do not do any of that till you get her all settled in to the new food for like 6 months. I feed Pork and Peas as meal, but the other flavors I use as treats (in the cookie jar)

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
That is the awesome thing about the Fromm Grain free line... stay in that line and Beef for breakfast... Pork and Peas for dinner. BUT, do not do any of that till you get her all settled in to the new food for like 6 months. I feed Pork and Peas as meal, but the other flavors I use as treats (in the cookie jar)

That is awesome! I will keep in mind for after everything has settled down for awhile. I actually am impressed with the difference in smells between the Purina crap and Fromm - hope she likes it. I am sure she will - what bully doesn't like food? Lol.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is awesome! I will keep in mind for after everything has settled down for awhile. I actually am impressed with the difference in smells between the Purina crap and Fromm - hope she likes it. I am sure she will - what bully doesn't like food? Lol.

EXACTLY!! And, there is a member, can not remember who, but they tasted the Fromm... said it 'alright' LOL

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
EXACTLY!! And, there is a member, can not remember who, but they tasted the Fromm... said it 'alright' LOL

LOL! Well I suppose some want to know just what their dog is eating and how it tastes! Just gave Brynn supper - 75% old crap. 25% new - without the added water and she ate it all up with no problems. :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL! Well I suppose some want to know just what their dog is eating and how it tastes! Just gave Brynn supper - 75% old crap. 25% new - without the added water and she ate it all up with no problems. :)

sweet... she is well on her way

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Remember that it can take up to a month for the old food stuffs to be out of her system.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
When we adopted our ollie he was eating purina, he too ha no issues till they only had his type in chicken. I had been here reading and researching for me im off wk for medical issues but not getting an income so fromm was out. I did find tractor supply grain free brand its an ok rating but lord this dog now has spunk!! His fur has improved he has energy he used to sleep all day i just assumed that was an eb as he is our first!! Wrong i wouldnt have guessed food and im so thankful for this site as well!!! Good luck!
We also feed Tractor supply's brand 4Health - April loves the grain free beef an potato. She did not do well on the chicken of any brand.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Remember that it can take up to a month for the old food stuffs to be out of her system.

I kind of figured it would - just like humans. But, it will take a bit to get fully switched over to all new food so I figured it would take awhile, but that is fine as long as she starts acting more like a dog than sleeping 12 hrs lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I kind of figured it would - just like humans. But, it will take a bit to get fully switched over to all new food so I figured it would take awhile, but that is fine as long as she starts acting more like a dog than sleeping 12 hrs lol.

Sleeping is one of the things bullies do best. Some will sleep 16 hours a day. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online