Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 39

Thread: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

  1. #25
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by AmberXo View Post
    LOL! Well I suppose some want to know just what their dog is eating and how it tastes! Just gave Brynn supper - 75% old crap. 25% new - without the added water and she ate it all up with no problems.
    sweet... she is well on her way
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #26
    Bully Bootie Duty AmberXo's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    sweet... she is well on her way
    I am keeping my fingers crossed

    Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

  3. #27
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Remember that it can take up to a month for the old food stuffs to be out of her system.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  4. #28
    Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member mc68mc's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert McCray
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Columbia Mo area
    Posts
    388
    Bulldog(s) Names
    April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcox24 View Post
    When we adopted our ollie he was eating purina, he too ha no issues till they only had his type in chicken. I had been here reading and researching for me im off wk for medical issues but not getting an income so fromm was out. I did find tractor supply grain free brand its an ok rating but lord this dog now has spunk!! His fur has improved he has energy he used to sleep all day i just assumed that was an eb as he is our first!! Wrong i wouldnt have guessed food and im so thankful for this site as well!!! Good luck!
    We also feed Tractor supply's brand 4Health - April loves the grain free beef an potato. She did not do well on the chicken of any brand.

  5. #29
    Bully Bootie Duty AmberXo's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Remember that it can take up to a month for the old food stuffs to be out of her system.
    I kind of figured it would - just like humans. But, it will take a bit to get fully switched over to all new food so I figured it would take awhile, but that is fine as long as she starts acting more like a dog than sleeping 12 hrs lol.

    Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

  6. #30
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,479
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by AmberXo View Post
    I kind of figured it would - just like humans. But, it will take a bit to get fully switched over to all new food so I figured it would take awhile, but that is fine as long as she starts acting more like a dog than sleeping 12 hrs lol.
    Sleeping is one of the things bullies do best. Some will sleep 16 hours a day.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  7. #31
    Bully Bootie Duty AmberXo's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Sleeping is one of the things bullies do best. Some will sleep 16 hours a day.
    That is insane! I know they are lazy, but they are really supposed to sleep that much? She actually got up and played around after supper and then we went for a walk so hopefully this is good signs to come.

    Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

  8. #32
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcox24 View Post
    When we adopted our ollie he was eating purina, he too ha no issues till they only had his type in chicken. I had been here reading and researching for me im off wk for medical issues but not getting an income so fromm was out. I did find tractor supply grain free brand its an ok rating but lord this dog now has spunk!! His fur has improved he has energy he used to sleep all day i just assumed that was an eb as he is our first!! Wrong i wouldnt have guessed food and im so thankful for this site as well!!! Good luck!
    We have a Tractor Supply here what's the name of the brand please??

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  9. #33
    Pet Sitter jlcox24's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    365
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    We have a Tractor Supply here what's the name of the brand please??

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    4health they have grain free, and then they have some thats no corn,wheat or soy...we do the grain free its 30$ for a 30 or 32 lb bag, we have used the beef and potato and whitefish and potato. It's not a 5 or 6 star food but I can't afford that now, I looked and looked and it is the cheapest that i've found grain free. he's been on it a month and def seen positive results so if you can't afford those higher priced i think this is a good option. Also somone has mentioned that costco has a grain free with decent reviews I don't have a membership otherwise I would have tried that route.

  10. #34
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    You are not an idiot -we all been there -year ago when i lived in Poland i used to think that Eukanuba is great! it is expensive - so must be great too, untill i started learning more about food - it was 11 years ago so the information on the web wasnt as great as we have now -(eukanuba also test on animals)
    From lack of choice i started feeding raw
    When i moved here i always gone for grain free (in uk james wellbeloved is quite good) -i try to feed them as best as i can -it might not be as good as some of us brands (we get them too but tax on it is a pure robbery!!)
    But i also try to educate my friends who feed wagg (and this stuff does not deserve a 1 star neither!!!-yuck) of what they actually give to their dogs
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  11. #35
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    Quote Originally Posted by jlcox24 View Post
    4health they have grain free, and then they have some thats no corn,wheat or soy...we do the grain free its 30$ for a 30 or 32 lb bag, we have used the beef and potato and whitefish and potato. It's not a 5 or 6 star food but I can't afford that now, I looked and looked and it is the cheapest that i've found grain free. he's been on it a month and def seen positive results so if you can't afford those higher priced i think this is a good option. Also somone has mentioned that costco has a grain free with decent reviews I don't have a membership otherwise I would have tried that route.
    My husband just got laid off so we were looking for something we could feed Sheldon that is good for him the Salmon oil has helped his skin and coat so much we don't have a Costco here but we do have the tractor Supply Company I got excited LOL

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  12. #36
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,320
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default Re: Oh my gosh - Here I thought I knew *shake my head.*

    We tried a few different dog foods , like you we want whats best for the dog to heck with price, all except what we are using gave them the same problem smelly stool gas loose stool ect ect
    think what we found was if it works stick too it as long as the dog is healthy stick too it , I always mention to our vet what were feeding and how much so she is aware of it also, the vet is there doctor , My doctor always asks me what I have been eating , Mind he always says I,M fat and eat and drink to much , funny tho he is the one in hospital all the time not me tho .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •