Natural Balance dog food

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my it seems yet another pet food has been given over to corporate america. for those that feed this food i thought i would post this. natural balance has been purchased by Del Monte and is supposed to have closed the deal in june according to dog food advisor. i never really like the food due to being manufactured by diamond and being so low protein but there are alot of allergy dogs that benefited from it. i have noticed that on some of the formulas the protein is no longer listed first the carb is first which is never a good sign. i was also reading that they get some of their vitamins from china but so do alot of other dog food companies. i am also reading on dog food advisor of lots of dogs having trouble now with the food that never did before. now with every buy out i see these things so not sure if its true or not just reporting what ive read. anyway just thought i would post this as i know some here feed this food. this is not good really as you will probably see this in grocery stores or wally very soon even though they say "oh we wont change a thing" you know profit will win out probably. time will tell how things are going to go with this food. how many more dog foods will fall.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
That is so disappointing! Samson is not on Natural Balance anymore but he was for a number of years, it was the only food for the longest time that he tolerated well. Their salmon formula was turned it all around when his allergies first reared their ugly head around 1 year old and I was desperate to get it under control. What a shame!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions