I need help. Again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh and I have this question. People have repeatedly suggested Fromm. The closest place to get it is 30 miles away. I am in the area 3-4 times a week when I'm at work. Should I add that to his Freshpet slice and serve? Do kind of a half and half so add some protein and texture? If I add a dry food back into his diet, it will be Fromm because of all the recommendations. I just don't really know what to do there.
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ... I am coming up blank on the switch ratio sorry!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Oh Yeast, Yeast... bullies' public enemy number one :fie: It is a really annoying thing to deal with, specially because it takes so long to find out what your bully's yeast is treatable with. Ulysses had a lot of the issues you are having with Seven. He is two and we have tried about 10 or more foods and even raw.

I couldn't figure out what he was allergic to. He had bad breath, his wrinkles were permanently sore because of the yeast. He had a lot of skin infections, which led to a lot of antibiotics... with the raw feeding it was not much better because he doesn't like to chew much so he would lick the bones until he got bored and then left them, so unless I took the meat off the bone and gave it to him nothing would happen, and when he did eat them properly he would nearly choke or puke them after a couple hours... so raw didn't seem like a good option for us, other dogs do great on raw but Ulysses just didn't seem to enjoy all the work that chewing bones represented :no:

oh well.... Finally, I decided to try Acana chicken and burbank potato. It worked great for a couple months, he gained some weight and he really loved it, but unfortunately we still had to deal with some yeast, and some skin infections. So then I decided to go 100% grain free and started feeding him Acana pacifica which contains fish as the only source of protein. It has been a few months and we are doing great. He loves this food, for me it is very important to see that he enjoys and looks forward to his meal time, and now he really does. His yeast infections are much better, practically gone, although when it is hot or after antibiotics they always come back.
I have completely stopped giving commercial treats. He really loved those white bones, but he also choked on them, which scared me to death, and I also noticed that they gave him diarrhoea, probably cause of the chicken which now I know he is allergic to. Instead he receives a natural probiotic yogurt 3-4 times a week and cheese from time to time.

ACV has also been my best friend against yeast. In the beginning he wouldn't drink his water, but now he is so used to it that he actually drinks more when the ACV is in that when it is not, and that has helped him wonders. And after every shower I use a 50/50 mixture of ACV and water and massage it in, no rising needed. This was a tip I got from [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] and it is just amazing. He smells so good for weeks and it really helps against the yeast.

I hope this helps you a little. I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but once you find a routine and what works for you and Seven medicine and food wise it all be cuddling and laughs, these bullies have a way of always making you laugh or at least give you a big big smile when they look at you with those big loving bully eyes. He knows you saved his life and he'll love you forever for it.

Here in EBN there are so many wonderful and knowledgable bully owners that you'll for sure find help anytime you need it :yes:
oh, and Clorox it's a big NO NO :fie:

Last edited:
OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
I want to add this. I asked about Fromm. I don't want to swap to it. I am wondering about just adding it to what he is eating.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I am so relieved to see that people have had good luck with natural balance LID. I felt like I had tried everything until I realized everything I had previously tried had potatoes. Now its duck and legume, and we have noticed a difference right away.

Question though, whats the best way to do the ACV rinse? You dont rinse it off? Im thinking about putting it in a spray bottle, or would that not wet him enough?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I want to add this. I asked about Fromm. I don't want to swap to it. I am wondering about just adding it to what he is eating.

Yes, you could add it. Im not familiar with the other food you are used but adding Fromm would be ok. Might want to get a small bag to start til you know your bully isnt going to have a reaction to the different ingredients. Add just a little bit to start for a few days and gradually increase til you get to the max amount you want to add.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
You could try a little kitty kibble as a treat for him. My parents were avid Boston Terrier lovers and they bred and raised Bostons in AZ before my mom passed. Our male would get to skinny and refuse too eat when a female was in heat, especially if they weren't allowing him near her if they weren't breeding her that cycle. Well kitty kibble is like twinkies for dogs and will put weight on most dogs, it's just yummy junk food to them. It worked wonders during those times because while he could resist dog food he couldn't resist the kitty kibble and gobbled it up. Maybe that's why so many dogs love cat poop??? If you try it just don't give too much, use it as a treat and I'd definitely ask your vet first since kitty kibble has different properties for their specific needs but if his back bone is visible I don't see why it can't hurt to try a little? Good luck!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.