Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OMG! Well, I won't do that again!!!! I was given that mixture recipe. I will just continue with the coconut oil rinse or nothing at all. The coconut oil rinse left his hair feeling weird. Aside from his feet, he has a spot on his face and his whole chin and throat are spot free. His raw and gross spots are improving. It is a slow, slow process. But yes, I do see improvement. My biggest concern is why, why, why is my baby so skinny?! Like I said, he eats two pounds a day. I think I'm going to go get him a probiotic tomorrow.
As for his name and is it a Seinfeld reference, I have no idea. I got him in May and his name was Seven. It is fitting for my house. My husband and I have four kids so Seven makes the seventh one in the house. He looks kind of like a Max sometimes. He can give an awesome stink eye.

I'm thankful Lisa confirmed NO BLEACH on bullies, why I questioned you earlier about it.
Especially w/his skin so raw but you can use the mix I gave you in my PM as it kills yeast
and won't harm him, will make his coat soft & smell good too :) It's 1 GAL Water to 1 cup
White Vinegar & 1 cup Hydrogen Peroxide. It can be reused for 3-4 times before discarding
if used for paw dipping (large bowl or large pan) and/or dipping a washcloth & wiping warm,
moist areas prone for yeast overgrowth like armpits, groin, anus, ears, etc. Once paws are
dipped and areas wiped down DO NOT RINSE, you may pat paws dry but leave on skin.

Use the coconut oil, not as an overall rinse but undiluted on raw areas or sores to heal &
protect, a little goes a long way. After Seven's poo stabilizes, you can add in his food. For
now, add a clove of garlic, chopped finely (NO this will not kill him...large amts could possibly
but not this amt) it is great as anti viral/kills yeast & strengthens immune system. Plain, no
sugar added yogurt can be put on as a food topper, a dollop is good. Slippery Elm is a very
soothing herb that will coat his intestine & stomach (raw internally from yeast) so he can EAT.
Colostrum will also help sooth, calm & heal internals and help him eat & gain weight, I've got
more but that's it for tonight :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Did mean to say to use the Vinegar mix as a final LEAVE IN TREATMENT after
shampooing, rinsing shampoo out than Vinegar mix all over except head & ears.
May pat dry but leave in as all over skin healing agent, anti itch help & protectant.
Cover w'soft, light T-shirt. This mix can be used thru out the week anytime Seven
gets itchy & sore (without shampooing) just pour over him, leave in and air dry or
pat dry.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im thinking his being skinny might have to do with the yeast. that stuff takes alot out of a dog. i found sarah got more playful and such when the yeast started to clear up. just think about the duoxo ps shampoo and duoxo pads they are great for so many bully skin issues. no worries as we each have to find our own way here and learn as we go. no one here started out a bully expert it comes from been there done that. im so glad your baby is getting better and thats the important thing.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
How old is seven? Im asking because sometimes from age 4 months to about ten months they go through a very skinny phase, like a teenager- they have not filled out yet.

I'm glad the spots are improving, how long has he been on the new food?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Seven is 3 years old. He has been on the Freshpet for a month. I went full on raw and he would eat it. He quit acting like he liked it and I found the freshpet on accident. It was similar so I got a small package to try. He loves it so that's what I moved him to. I do not see him changing his mind on this at all. I like that it is giving him what I was giving him but with easier portions and more nutrients. I really liked it's rating on dogfoodadvisor.com.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Seven is 3 years old. He has been on the Freshpet for a month. I went full on raw and he would eat it. He quit acting like he liked it and I found the freshpet on accident. It was similar so I got a small package to try. He loves it so that's what I moved him to. I do not see him changing his mind on this at all. I like that it is giving him what I was giving him but with easier portions and more nutrients. I really liked it's rating on dogfoodadvisor.com.

Sounds like he really loves it, that's great! If he's three then there went my idea of going through the teenager phase. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] has a good suggestion- he may start gaining weight and looking good once his yeast is under control.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
im thinking his being skinny might have to do with the yeast. that stuff takes alot out of a dog. i found sarah got more playful and such when the yeast started to clear up. just think about the duoxo ps shampoo and duoxo pads they are great for so many bully skin issues. no worries as we each have to find our own way here and learn as we go. no one here started out a bully expert it comes from been there done that. im so glad your baby is getting better and thats the important thing.

Thanks. I grew up with English bulldogs. I got one for myself in my early 20s. He was 2 years old when he died. He contracted valley fever right after we moved to California. He was awesome. My husband now agreed that we could get one. I found Seven for sale on Facebook. I went to look at him and see if he would be a good fit. These were his second owners. I got lied to (and I knew it then) and I witnessed him getting abused. Needless to say, I could not leave this baby behind. I paid for him and we left. The day I got him, he was getting sores on his body and had some on his face. It got worse even after I took him to the vet and changed his food. Do I regret my decision to bring him into my family? ~sigh~ No, I don't. He has a lot of love to give and if he were still in the previous home, he may have died by now. My family loves him. I love him so much. I can't wait for him to be better so I can take him to the pet store with me or take him to the park. I don't want people to stare at him. He wouldn't notice but I would. This is an excruciatingly slow process to rid him of the yeast. I see improvement though so I know what I am doing is trying to work.
Question. Chicago English Bulldog Rescue has a dog named Louie that's up for adoption. He had yeast when they got him. Two months later, he is yeast free. I asked what they did. You betcha! They changed his food, gave him antihistimines, and put chlorhexidine solution on him. It's basically hibiclens but in a larger container. I found it on Amazon. Any thoughts on this? I have done everything they have done except the chlorhexidine.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love chlorihexidine!! It's a great thing to use for paw soaks, and after bath rinses. Do not use in ears, near eyes or nose though. I also use it to mop my floors in the house! Kills bacteria and yeast both.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks. I grew up with English bulldogs. I got one for myself in my early 20s. He was 2 years old when he died. He contracted valley fever right after we moved to California. He was awesome. My husband now agreed that we could get one. I found Seven for sale on Facebook. I went to look at him and see if he would be a good fit. These were his second owners. I got lied to (and I knew it then) and I witnessed him getting abused. Needless to say, I could not leave this baby behind. I paid for him and we left. The day I got him, he was getting sores on his body and had some on his face. It got worse even after I took him to the vet and changed his food. Do I regret my decision to bring him into my family? ~sigh~ No, I don't. He has a lot of love to give and if he were still in the previous home, he may have died by now. My family loves him. I love him so much. I can't wait for him to be better so I can take him to the pet store with me or take him to the park. I don't want people to stare at him. He wouldn't notice but I would. This is an excruciatingly slow process to rid him of the yeast. I see improvement though so I know what I am doing is trying to work.
Question. Chicago English Bulldog Rescue has a dog named Louie that's up for adoption. He had yeast when they got him. Two months later, he is yeast free. I asked what they did. You betcha! They changed his food, gave him antihistimines, and put chlorhexidine solution on him. It's basically hibiclens but in a larger container. I found it on Amazon. Any thoughts on this? I have done everything they have done except the chlorhexidine.
hon thats what duoxo is chlorhexidine and thats why ive been trying to get you to get it as ive used it on sarah and its wonderful. the shampoo works great and so does the duoxo pads. you can use hibiclenz you get at at the drug store if you need something now.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Ok great! I have some witch hazel smelling ear wipes that I do his ears with and I wash his face with diluted apple cider vinegar. I have no idea if that helps but it's that or plain water. I don't want to injure his eyes with anything so I wash his entire head with a wash rag except his ears with those wipes. That's all I will do with his ears because my previous bulldog had two ear infections and consequently had seizures when he had them. So I'm afraid of ear issues. Seven's is yeast. But they are better! His bald spots do have hair growing back in. So I'm taking that as a good sign.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
hon thats what duoxo is chlorhexidine and thats why ive been trying to get you to get it as ive used it on sarah and its wonderful. the shampoo works great and so does the duoxo pads. you can use hibiclenz you get at at the drug store if you need something now.

OMG I feel so slow now. lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
OMG I feel so slow now. lol
naw lol the shampoo i also soak her feet in while bathing. ive used malaket but this works better for me. the pads are great for feet tp hot spots ears and yes the face but dont get in the eyes or nose and some bullies dont like it much and others like sarah i can use it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Douxo wipes are safe for ears right [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]? Straight chlorihexidine in the gallon jug is not so that's the only downfall.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Douxo wipes are safe for ears right @cowsmom? Straight chlorihexidine in the gallon jug is not so that's the only downfall.

yes i wipe sarahs ears all the time with it though i dont know bout if its safe for the ear canal like chloraseb is. you can use it on face folds but i would not get it up the nose of course. the only caution on the package is for the eyes and of course dont swallow it.

Last edited:
OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Seven came with malaket wipes. He would run away when he saw you with them. So I guess they hurt because he just stands there now and lets me wipe his face and folds. So I have this question. I can get the gallon of chlorhexidine for 13.99 plus the shipping. Then use my mom's Amazon card points and get it for less than $5 and that includes shipping. I found something that tells how to properly dilute it for use. Would that be ok or should I just get the duoxo products? I was just looking at the gallon deal because it was cheaper.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Oh and I have this question. People have repeatedly suggested Fromm. The closest place to get it is 30 miles away. I am in the area 3-4 times a week when I'm at work. Should I add that to his Freshpet slice and serve? Do kind of a half and half so add some protein and texture? If I add a dry food back into his diet, it will be Fromm because of all the recommendations. I just don't really know what to do there.

Members online

No members online now.