Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I need help. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    hon thats what duoxo is chlorhexidine and thats why ive been trying to get you to get it as ive used it on sarah and its wonderful. the shampoo works great and so does the duoxo pads. you can use hibiclenz you get at at the drug store if you need something now.
    OMG I feel so slow now. lol

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luvnmymedic View Post
    OMG I feel so slow now. lol
    naw lol the shampoo i also soak her feet in while bathing. ive used malaket but this works better for me. the pads are great for feet tp hot spots ears and yes the face but dont get in the eyes or nose and some bullies dont like it much and others like sarah i can use it.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Douxo wipes are safe for ears right @cowsmom? Straight chlorihexidine in the gallon jug is not so that's the only downfall.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Douxo wipes are safe for ears right @cowsmom? Straight chlorihexidine in the gallon jug is not so that's the only downfall.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    yes i wipe sarahs ears all the time with it though i dont know bout if its safe for the ear canal like chloraseb is. you can use it on face folds but i would not get it up the nose of course. the only caution on the package is for the eyes and of course dont swallow it.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 08-28-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Seven came with malaket wipes. He would run away when he saw you with them. So I guess they hurt because he just stands there now and lets me wipe his face and folds. So I have this question. I can get the gallon of chlorhexidine for 13.99 plus the shipping. Then use my mom's Amazon card points and get it for less than $5 and that includes shipping. I found something that tells how to properly dilute it for use. Would that be ok or should I just get the duoxo products? I was just looking at the gallon deal because it was cheaper.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Oh and I have this question. People have repeatedly suggested Fromm. The closest place to get it is 30 miles away. I am in the area 3-4 times a week when I'm at work. Should I add that to his Freshpet slice and serve? Do kind of a half and half so add some protein and texture? If I add a dry food back into his diet, it will be Fromm because of all the recommendations. I just don't really know what to do there.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Oh and I have this question. People have repeatedly suggested Fromm. The closest place to get it is 30 miles away. I am in the area 3-4 times a week when I'm at work. Should I add that to his Freshpet slice and serve? Do kind of a half and half so add some protein and texture? If I add a dry food back into his diet, it will be Fromm because of all the recommendations. I just don't really know what to do there.
    @BruceP @JAKEISGREAT ... I am coming up blank on the switch ratio sorry!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Maia
    Country
    Germany
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ulysses
    Likes (Received)

Oh Yeast, Yeast... bullies' public enemy number one It is a really annoying thing to deal with, specially because it takes so long to find out what your bully's yeast is treatable with. Ulysses had a lot of the issues you are having with Seven. He is two and we have tried about 10 or more foods and even raw.

I couldn't figure out what he was allergic to. He had bad breath, his wrinkles were permanently sore because of the yeast. He had a lot of skin infections, which led to a lot of antibiotics... with the raw feeding it was not much better because he doesn't like to chew much so he would lick the bones until he got bored and then left them, so unless I took the meat off the bone and gave it to him nothing would happen, and when he did eat them properly he would nearly choke or puke them after a couple hours... so raw didn't seem like a good option for us, other dogs do great on raw but Ulysses just didn't seem to enjoy all the work that chewing bones represented

oh well.... Finally, I decided to try Acana chicken and burbank potato. It worked great for a couple months, he gained some weight and he really loved it, but unfortunately we still had to deal with some yeast, and some skin infections. So then I decided to go 100% grain free and started feeding him Acana pacifica which contains fish as the only source of protein. It has been a few months and we are doing great. He loves this food, for me it is very important to see that he enjoys and looks forward to his meal time, and now he really does. His yeast infections are much better, practically gone, although when it is hot or after antibiotics they always come back.
    I have completely stopped giving commercial treats. He really loved those white bones, but he also choked on them, which scared me to death, and I also noticed that they gave him diarrhoea, probably cause of the chicken which now I know he is allergic to. Instead he receives a natural probiotic yogurt 3-4 times a week and cheese from time to time.

ACV has also been my best friend against yeast. In the beginning he wouldn't drink his water, but now he is so used to it that he actually drinks more when the ACV is in that when it is not, and that has helped him wonders. And after every shower I use a 50/50 mixture of ACV and water and massage it in, no rising needed. This was a tip I got from @Texas Carol and it is just amazing. He smells so good for weeks and it really helps against the yeast.

I hope this helps you a little. I know it can be frustrating sometimes, but once you find a routine and what works for you and Seven medicine and food wise it all be cuddling and laughs, these bullies have a way of always making you laugh or at least give you a big big smile when they look at you with those big loving bully eyes. He knows you saved his life and he'll love you forever for it.

Here in EBN there are so many wonderful and knowledgable bully owners that you'll for sure find help anytime you need it
    oh, and Clorox it's a big NO NO
    Last edited by Maife; 08-28-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Forgot a sentence

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

I want to add this. I asked about Fromm. I don't want to swap to it. I am wondering about just adding it to what he is eating.

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

I am so relieved to see that people have had good luck with natural balance LID. I felt like I had tried everything until I realized everything I had previously tried had potatoes. Now its duck and legume, and we have noticed a difference right away.

Question though, whats the best way to do the ACV rinse? You dont rinse it off? Im thinking about putting it in a spray bottle, or would that not wet him enough?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I want to add this. I asked about Fromm. I don't want to swap to it. I am wondering about just adding it to what he is eating.
    Yes, you could add it. Im not familiar with the other food you are used but adding Fromm would be ok. Might want to get a small bag to start til you know your bully isnt going to have a reaction to the different ingredients. Add just a little bit to start for a few days and gradually increase til you get to the max amount you want to add.

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

You could try a little kitty kibble as a treat for him. My parents were avid Boston Terrier lovers and they bred and raised Bostons in AZ before my mom passed. Our male would get to skinny and refuse too eat when a female was in heat, especially if they weren't allowing him near her if they weren't breeding her that cycle. Well kitty kibble is like twinkies for dogs and will put weight on most dogs, it's just yummy junk food to them. It worked wonders during those times because while he could resist dog food he couldn't resist the kitty kibble and gobbled it up. Maybe that's why so many dogs love cat poop??? If you try it just don't give too much, use it as a treat and I'd definitely ask your vet first since kitty kibble has different properties for their specific needs but if his back bone is visible I don't see why it can't hurt to try a little? Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads