Not feeding enough??

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
So Bruno is now 1 year (he's about 45ish pounds). He is getting Fromm Salmon n Veggie. I am feeding him 1/2 cup 3 times a day. When I started him out on Fromm in Sept, I began feeding him 1 cup 3 times a day because that's what the back of the bag said based on weight...but Bruno was still getting sick and I couldn't figure out why. Well thanks to this wonderful forum, I found out that I was feeding him WAY too much, so I decreased it to 1/2 cup three times a day. Since then, he barely ever gets sick, which is wonderful! But I feel like I am not feeding him enough. Any thoughts?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
With his age and Size 2 cups a day is plenty. I feed my 73lb Bully 1 cup twice a day. If you think you're not feeding him enough you can add some snacks, apple slices, Blue berries, baby carrots. If you are concerned about protein you can always add a little boiled chicken, beef, fish, or venison. Just dont add alot. You may think its not enough but Bullies will eat until die....its just the breed.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That doesnt sound too bad to me but I am no expert. I think Cutty gets about 2 cups a day, hard to know for sure since the boys share 1 bowl and eat as they please throughout the day. He also is a little bigger weighing in at between 52 and 56 pounds depending on the week. If you feel like he is hungry in between just give healthy snacks to hold him over maybe.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we are feeding our 64 lb bullie 2 scoops once a day and feed him snacks in between.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I consistently read and have been told that the size of meals is dependedent on the bully -- increase if they're losing weight, decrease if they gain. 1.5 cups a day sounds reasonable. If you like, you can try a total of 2 cups and see if he's better on that. I feed Stig 2 cups and he does well ... and, yes, they'll be always looking for food. I can be simply organizing my kitchen and he'll come-a-running because he thinks it's feeding time.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie has been having 1 cup twice a day of the FROMM salmon. She lost a little weight and went from 39lb to 37lb but the vet commented that she could still stand losing some more. She's been a bit more active since getting the puppy Daddy ... but I'm going to drop her down to 3/4 cup twice a day.

Her treats are carrot, chunks of cucumber, frozen green beans, and yogurt.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva gets 2-3 cups depending on the day! 2 cups in the am and she picks at it all day and then if she finishes it early in the day I will give her another cup. She also gets snacks.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Is he losing weight? Just wondering why you think he's not getting enough? My girls are about 30 pounds, give or take a couple pounds, and they each get 1/2 cup morning and evening. (I feed Nature's Variety, not Fromm). I do give them a tablespoon of yogart, pumpkin or cottage cheese mixed in their breakfast, and a tablespoon of canned Nature's Variety mixed in with dinner. So it sounds like you're feeding the right amount, especially if he's getting 3 meals a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.