Cooking food for English Bulldogs?

Alpha

Jul 30, 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bulldog(s) Names
RoCkie
Hi. My baby boy has a food allergy & yeast infection (just recently) so then, I have stopped giving him dry food as my Vet recommendation. He told me to stop giving him Pedigree & switch to other brandz the problem is, there's only 3 brands of dog food sell here in Cambodia. Pedigree, ANF & Royal Canin. The latter one I have to buy from the Vet & the price is kinda way over. Right now, I'm making home cooked meal for rocky. I steamed carrot, green beans, celery & lettuce (alternate day by day) then boil either chicken or pork meat & mixed with little rice & oatmeal. Sometimes I make pasta mixed with little cheese just to add a flavor as I don't put salt on his food. I gave him Vita-Tabs too. I just want to know if there's anybody knows other recipe with less grains & also need some help for his yeast problem. My Vet (he's French) isn't that good as you see but we got no other option because the other local vets doesn't know the bulldog breed because it is not common it in here. HELPPPPPP.....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I do not cook for my bully, but I would remove the grains to see if that helps with his allergy.

Can you find Salmon Oil or fish oil anywhere? This could help his skin.

I think someone else mentioned an oil that kills yeast that you could put on after bathing. Was it coconut oil?

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
I cook for my bullies. I usually add it to their kibble. The Good Food Cookbook for Dogs by Donna Twichell Roberts has alot of easy recipes. I just omit the grains if they are part of the recipe. In my opinion, its much better than feeding the foods you mentioned.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I dont cook for my boys but if you only have those 3 choices then I would definitely keep making your own food. I agree try to cut out the grains to see if that helps to clear up the problem also.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] posted a video recently about the stew she makes for her bully! It would be in the photo and video forum! Good luck!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What about delivery? Is that an option for you? To have a good quality food delivered to your home?

OP
Alpha

Alpha

Jul 30, 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bulldog(s) Names
RoCkie
@bullmama: Fish oil I saw they sell here is for human. I got him a Lipiderm gel capsules from Petsmart. The vet said, I can give rocky ocean or sea fish 2-3 times per week. CocOnut oil? That's awesome! I have it home-made cuz I'm using it as a hair treatment. I'm gonna give it a try & let u guys know

[MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION]: was the recipe available online too?

OP
Alpha

Alpha

Jul 30, 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bulldog(s) Names
RoCkie
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]: My husband & I planned to check out the dog food once we go visit Thailand. Any brand u can recommend?

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]: what should I replace once I opt out the grains on his meal?

Last edited by a moderator:

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Im not sure if the recipes in that book are online. I know the book is pretty cheap...I think i paid $12.00 and it also has recioes for treats. I add fish oil to their breakfast...the same as I use every morning. It has made a huge difference in their skin.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
YW, believe i use to good for my Georgia I still do on occassion. You can add flaxseed and olive or fish oil to the food, also ocean kelp is REALLY go0d for them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.