Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was told at the pet store that the beef frita was all life stages. Emma is almost 5 months old right now we are at about 3/4 Fromm 1/4 science diet I/d so far the poo is good but I'm wondering if she shouldn't be on the puppy gold.

Hi Jill, yes it is all life stages and she will do fine. It's a little leaner than the puppy formula which is the only reason I like to stay on the puppy formula a bit longer, bit if she's doing well on the food I would stick with it. You could always get a small bag of the puppy formula and add 1/4 of the food portion as puppy and the other 3/4 as beef frittata.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Jill Lampkin

Aug 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Thank you. She is a bit under weight IMO so I think I'll try mixing a little puppy food with that. We've just had stool disasters and trying to get it straight ;)

Madhatter

Aug 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Greyvin
After reading all the great things about Fromm, I told my fiancé bout it and we are making the switch from Nutrisource grain free to Fromms grain free. We don't think he is filling out right. At 4 1/2 months old he is 38 pounds which is hefty, but he still has chicken legs. Hope this will help him.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I'm about to start Rocco on Fromm's Beef Frittata as well. He is still on the food from the breeder (Kirkland signature) except the Costco by me only carries the Chicken not the Beef flavor and his poops have been liquidy since. When I fed him rice with the food it hardened up a bit. No better time to start this switch and I'm looking forward to it so he will be a little easier to clean up after! lol Luckily found a feed store five minutes up the road in Freehold that carries it!

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Quick question, if I know his current food is causing soft stool/diarrhea and possibly upsetting his stomach, should I still do a gradual switch?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Quick question, if I know his current food is causing soft stool/diarrhea and possibly upsetting his stomach, should I still do a gradual switch?

Yes, do a gradual switch and add 1 TBSP pure pumpkin into food will firm up poo.

Buy at store, but make sure it's pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix.

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

Yes, do a gradual switch and add 1 TBSP pure pumpkin into food will firm up poo.

Buy at store, but make sure it's pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix.

I'm thank you for the input! I will do that and report back!

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
I am currently in the process of switching Brynn from Purina Smartblend to Fromms Beef Frittata as well; I have noticed a major improvement in her gas issue and she was going :poo: about 4 times a day now we are down to about two and they are nothing at all compared to the runny crap I had to deal with before. She seems more eager to actually eat Fromms as well. I am impressed!

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
After about a week of mixing the old with the new, I put Rocco on strictly fromms about two days ago. As of yesterday, his poops are finally all solid again! Thanks fromms!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
After about a week of mixing the old with the new, I put Rocco on strictly fromms about two days ago. As of yesterday, his poops are finally all solid again! Thanks fromms!

Congratulations!! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.