What a difference Fromms makes

jrm4810

Jun 16, 2013
Ocean County NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I switched Tubs a 14 month old neutered cutie from the Royal Canin Bulldog 24 food to Fromms pork and applesauce food about 3 weeks ago. Before the switch the poopies where very loose and he was gaining too much weight even though I was only feeding him a total of 3 1/2 cups a day and only treats when he did his stuff outside and no people food at all.
I was concerned about the loose poopies and the weight so came here and read up on what other owners were saying about food and then researched those foods for myself.
What a difference Fromm's pork and applesauce ( I keep hearing an old Jackie Gleason line from The Honeymooners " pork chops and applesauce Alice" ) every time I write that LOL, has made.
Tubs loves it . While I was switching from one to the other I noticed he would eat the Fromms before he ate the Royal Canin.
I found it locally in a feed store ( who knew at the Jersey Shore I would find a feed store) and the cost was no different than the RC. And a plus I found some terrific cat food my very finicky 14 year old car loves.:):)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree... I switched Winston over a month ago to Fromm Beef Fritta & his tear stains are almost gone!!! I have also noticed better :poo:'s... I'm cracking up about the Honeymooners line, I was thinking about that one too!!! LOL:biglaugh:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I'm in the middle of switching Dudley over to Fromm's Pork and Peas -- seeing a difference already in the tear stains and the :poo:!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
fromm is excellent food. one thing about food is not just what it says on the bag thats in it but where they get those ingredients from. i have noticed a big difference in my cats on fromm and acana. i will at some point try my bostons on this food as well sarah cant have it.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
same here...Fromm is the best imo.....Forde loved the pork and applesauce ( the first fromm food i put him on) he's now trying the pork and peas....he likes it alot...but i dont think as much as the pork and applesauce....but being the pork and peas is grainfree i want to stay with grain free so next go round may give him beef frittata!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My favorite about Fromm is the ability to switch flavors if needed and not being concerned about slow switch or tummy issues

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Just the right Fromm can even make a difference though. So far HRH has done best on Beef Frittata. She seems allergic to the Salmon and had increased yeast with pork and peas. So we've switched back to the beef just recently again.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am in process of switching to Fromm's Pork and Peas as well for Arnold and Bertha. I think of the same line from the Brady Bunch with Peter, "Pork chops and Applesauce!"

Norman

Jul 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Cooper is still shedding insanely bad. His coat is rough and always has tons of loose hair. Please help! I've been feeding him Nutro grain free fish formula. I also add salmon oil. He seems to be shedding slightly less but it's still worse than I've ever seen. His hair is also rough to the touch.

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Currently on the Fromm's Beef Frittata wagon! Just finished off a bag of Surf and Turf, but it looks like my pup doesn't do well with chicken/duck/poultry! Already in just the 5 days on frittata her :poo: is much better. A better color and harder.

DixieKooper09

Aug 8, 2013
Oceanside, California, United States ( Native Sout
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie and Kooper
I had my bully Kooper on Blue buffalo wilderness and he has been on it for about a week now and his poop is still runny! :-( I decided to switch his food ( starting last night ) to Royal canin bulldog puppy formula in hopes that his poop will tighten up. I had also been giving him salmon oil on his food every feeding, but ive decided to skip it for a week to see if that is a contributing factor. Kooper was gaining weight wonderfully with BB, but the protein content is 37 % and RC is in the 20's..so it is a big leap as far as protein goes but the lady at the pet store was saying how it might just be too much for his tummy to handle..so im making yet ANOTHER food switch...

Jill Lampkin

Aug 17, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
I was told at the pet store that the beef frita was all life stages. Emma is almost 5 months old right now we are at about 3/4 Fromm 1/4 science diet I/d so far the poo is good but I'm wondering if she shouldn't be on the puppy gold.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Cooper is still shedding insanely bad. His coat is rough and always has tons of loose hair. Please help! I've been feeding him Nutro grain free fish formula. I also add salmon oil. He seems to be shedding slightly less but it's still worse than I've ever seen. His hair is also rough to the touch.

Sorry to hear Cooper is so itchy. You may want to try one of the recommended dog foods as Nutro has a lot of fillers in it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.