FROMM's and supplements questions...

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Okay, I am a nincompoop and just realized that I got FROMMS Beef Frit. Veg for the pup (10.5 weeks old) instead of the pup formula.

I don't know what I was thinking. But she seems to love it, and hasn't had any problems at all.
Is it an issue to keep her on this formula, or do I really need to go get the puppy formula instead?

Also, the breeder suggested that I put her on Nu Vet supplements. I told her I was concerned about overload because I was planning on feeding a high value food.
Any expert thoughts out there today? :)

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:cookie::smileywelcome:Hi, Fromm's is an all stages food, so you could technically feed her this, but a puppy formula is better for a developing and growing pup, as it has more calories, vitamins and minerals for the rapid growth and development of a puppy. If you are feeding a puppy formula, you don't need to give any more vitamins as the puppy food will have all the needed nutrition they need. When you switch to an adult formula at 6 or 7 months old, then you can give a vitamin supplement if you want. Fromm's is an excellent food, so I don't give any extra vitamin supplement to our guys, but I do give them some supplements like plain 1Tbsp unsweetened yogurt in their morning kibble, for the probiotics, and immune system, and salmon oil, for the Omegas in their evening kibble, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in their drinking water, there are a lot of health benefits to apple cider vinegar such as it is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it balances the Ph level in the body. I also give my guys a cranberry pill to prevent bladder infections. I buy all these natural supplements at Nutrition House or at the drugstore, as they are cheaper there than at the vets, and most supplements that are safe for humans are also safe for dogs. For treats we only give them fruits and vegetables, such as cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, green beans, yogurt, cheese strings, and a hard boiled egg once or twice a week. She is a little young to have all the extras, and I would probably wait until she is a little older about 5 months or older before giving her extras, also when you do start to give her treats, introduce her to one thing at a time, so if she has an allergic reaction then you will know which one she didn't tolerate. When you are training her or praising her when she goes potty, you can give her a little of her kibble as a treat.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
:cookie::smileywelcome:Hi, Fromm's is an all stages food, so you could technically feed her this, but a puppy formula is better for a developing and growing pup, as it has more calories, vitamins and minerals for the rapid growth and development of a puppy. If you are feeding a puppy formula, you don't need to give any more vitamins as the puppy food will have all the needed nutrition they need. When you switch to an adult formula at 6 or 7 months old, then you can give a vitamin supplement if you want. Fromm's is an excellent food, so I don't give any extra vitamin supplement to our guys, but I do give them some supplements like plain 1Tbsp unsweetened yogurt in their morning kibble, for the probiotics, and immune system, and salmon oil, for the Omegas in their evening kibble, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in their drinking water, there are a lot of health benefits to apple cider vinegar such as it is a natural anti inflammatory, it kills the bad bacteria in the body, so boosts the immune system, and it balances the Ph level in the body. I also give my guys a cranberry pill to prevent bladder infections. I buy all these natural supplements at Nutrition House or at the drugstore, as they are cheaper there than at the vets, and most supplements that are safe for humans are also safe for dogs. For treats we only give them fruits and vegetables, such as cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, green beans, yogurt, cheese strings, and a hard boiled egg once or twice a week. She is a little young to have all the extras, and I would probably wait until she is a little older about 5 months or older before giving her extras, also when you do start to give her treats, introduce her to one thing at a time, so if she has an allergic reaction then you will know which one she didn't tolerate. When you are training her or praising her when she goes potty, you can give her a little of her kibble as a treat.

Thank you for that! Very helpful. :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i cant really add any more to what she said. puppy food is best till about 4 months at least or 6 months is what most do. i dont think a vitamin will hurt but i always think wait till a bit older then perhaps 3 times a week is what some do here with nuvet.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Fromm has a toll free # if you want to talk to one of their dietitians. But, I feel that there are ingredients in puppy food that are not in regular food that are there because puppies have needs while growing that adult dogs don;t need. Fromm will take the adult food back and trade it for puppy food.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.