General Question large breed

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
The place where I get our Fromm form was have a sell on the Adult Large breed gold in green bag .. Maggie is now 8 months old and they told me I could go to adult now. They also said I could put her on the large bleed . It was the 33 lb bag for 43.00 with tax. That is a good deal .. Is it ok she has that one?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If she is on the Fromm puppy you can switch directly to the adult food but personally, I like to transition them by mixing old and new food together for a bit before going completely to the new food. Eight months is ok to go to the adult food but our vet says 10 months is better.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would be hesitant on using a large breed food. My vet says Bully's are NOT considered large breed. Large breeds are Great Danes, Shepherds..Pyrenees ..etc. they need the extra protein to support rapid growth. Our Bully's actually have a slower growth rate..up to 2 years. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The place where I get our Fromm form was have a sell on the Adult Large breed gold in green bag .. Maggie is now 8 months old and they told me I could go to adult now. They also said I could put her on the large bleed . It was the 33 lb bag for 43.00 with tax. That is a good deal .. Is it ok she has that one?

I wouldn't recommend the large breed gold- go to the Fromm four star formula because its all life stages and a much better food :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I prefer an all-life stage food. I didn't even feed large-breed food to our bullmastiffs. It isn't necessary if you have a good, balanced food. Dogfoodadvisor.com is a great online source to learn about your options.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
go with a fromm 4 star or if your doing gold stay with the reg adult.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.