Nature's Logic Dog food - Wow!

B

Baxter Tiberius

Honestly I have to say I am impressed. I spent the last 14 months dealing with a potentially serious neurological/neuromuscular condition that was heavily affected by inflammatory markers in my body. Doctors were of no help, and their utter lack of training in the nutrition for health dept was only a detriment to my situation. After blood, sweat, and tears, and many sleepless nights convinced I would soon be diagnosed with either ALS (Lou Gherigs), Multiple Sclerosis, or Neuromyotonia, I finally discovered Paleo Diet. I had inflammatory digestive problems that were the actual source of my brain / muscular / nerve symptoms, and it was not until I had perfected my diet, fully researched literally every food, and decided to go 100% paleo did I finally experience total resolution of symptoms. Much to the confusion of my doctors.

Bottom line: I feel like a nutrition expert now! Forced into it by sheer fear.

So I have been looking for a good puppy food and im blown away how much english bulldogs share the same problems I have had. Skin issues, neurological issues, inflammatory digestive issues, you name it ... and its all heavily influenced by food intake. ANyways I looked at the top 5 foods on this website, recommended, and Natures Logic was near the top. I have to admit, after all my research for my *own* health ... I am pretty blown away by this ingredient list: http://www.natureslogic.com/products/dp_dry_bee.html

I mean I honestly couldn't be more impressed. The vitamins. The probiotics. The healthy oils and fats. My only critique is that there are more Omega 6 than Omega 3's ... which is the opposite ratio you want. Its usually the other way around. But I have always supplemented Baxters meals with Olive Oil so hopefully this will offset it. Wish I could give him fish oil! Maybe i can..

To all of you: Looking through the ingredient list (and paragraph at the bottom) do you see anything that would be of concern? I may be smart with my own food issues but im still new to Bulldogs. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Anyways ... im sharing this purely out of being impressed. I know it sounds like an infommercial but this is moreso powered by my health problems, and the relief I had by balancing my food intake just like this dog food :whew: I have literally spent hundreds of hours this past year researching this stuff, and someone really put thought into this dog food. Im sure there's a better one out there too. Probably whole foods straight-up. No processed foods at all would be *best* ... ! But im happy to have found this and im thankful to DesertSky's article on this. Seriously.

Next time Baxter farts I will think fondly of this site :)

Kevin

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
great post and it is good to know we have another member that can help us learn!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Natures Logic is in my opinion one of the best choices! It's not as popular here but it really should be.

Sandra [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] helped me with this article and believe me it took us some time to decide which ones we would give the best recommendations on. Choosing from thousands is no easy task.

Great info on the Omegas too! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you very much for your insight on the foods. Perhaps next time I want to change foods for our babies I'll look closer at this food.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Im still learning too. If anyone sees anything fishy in that list of ingredients please let me know. You guys know these bulldogs better than i do. Im only good with the human stuff :)

I still have questions in my head. Like for example:

1) A guy at the pet store told me no dogs can tolerate chicken usually. Its inflammatory for them.
2) In humans, red meat is far more inflammatory than chicken. Chicken is considered safe for those with inflammatory digestive disorders.
3) Some people here recommend the Fromms Beef meal as its safest for their bully, so beef isn't inflammatory for bullies?
4) The breeder I worked with said he gives the bullies chicken regularly and its fine for them. So chicken isn't inflammatory for bullies?

So you see there's several conflicting sentiments. Usually this means nobody really knows for sure. But is chicken safe for bulldogs?

Kevin

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
I've been feeding Nature's Logic ever since I brought Lucy home at 9 months. I think like people, each Bully is different. I've found Lucy does best with the Beef, Lamb, and Venison. I believe the Rabbit and the Duck and Salmon flavors have Turkey meal and chicken liver. I tried Fromms since it got rave reviews here; Lucy did okay on the Pork and Peas, but not so well on the Beef Frittata (I suspect potatoes on the BF). I called the Nature's Logic company, located in Lincoln, Nebraska, and the woman I talked to gave me a lot of information and mailed me samples of the Rabbit and another new flavor; maybe sardine? She took a lot of time with me, which gave me a good impression of the company. That was around 4 months ago.

I think Lucy prefers the Lamb, but also does well on the Beef and Venison.

Kevin, I got a lot of conflicting advice from different vets and Lucy's breeder. Since I've read of many bullies having trouble with chicken, I didn't even get food with chicken. As I mentioned above, I do think Lucy has an allergy to potatoes as when I was introducing Fromm Beef Frittata Lucy's face was more red and she was itchy. That's the only food I've fed her that had potatoes.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im still learning too. If anyone sees anything fishy in that list of ingredients please let me know. You guys know these bulldogs better than i do. Im only good with the human stuff :)

1) A guy at the pet store told me no dogs can tolerate chicken usually. Its inflammatory for them.
2) In humans, red meat is far more inflammatory than chicken. Chicken is considered safe for those with inflammatory digestive disorders.
3) Some people here recommend the Fromms Beef meal as its safest for their bully, so beef isn't inflammatory for bullies?
4) The breeder I worked with said he gives the bullies chicken regularly and its fine for them. So chicken isn't inflammatory for bullies?

So you see there's several conflicting sentiments. Usually this means nobody really knows for sure. But is chicken safe for bulldogs?

Kevin

I address the chicken in the article on allergies. Part myth, part truth.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow

Kevin
despite what people say bullies can have chicken and do quite fine. sarah is eating only chicken right now as it seems to the only protein along with turkey and salmon she can eat. she is just fine on it. my bostons also do very well on chicken. i think people say that as chicken has been the mainstay of protein sources for a long time now that yes some dogs are allergic to it. some are also allergic to beef lamb or just about any other protein. i stay away from rabbit as i think it comes from china mostly. natures logic is a good food that isnt used much and it should be. i am going to try it for my bostons as soon as they get done trying the food they are on. lol sarah of course cant have it but she cant have anything much.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I address the chicken in the article on allergies. Part myth, part truth.

Sorry I was on my phone earlier, but I did want to make sure you read the article on allergies.

What I am saying is if you are not having allergy problems or symptoms, there is no reason to avoid chicken. It's actually an awesome protein source, it just so happens there is a large number of bullies on this site that do have a chicken allergy. But many find our site searching out allergy help.... So unless you are seeing a flare up then yes, omit chicken. All my bully pups eat Fromm puppy and they do wonderful on it, it has chicken.

Adults over age 1 can later develop an allergy to chicken, so just because they are not allergic now doesn't mean they won't be later. So that is something to keep an eye on :detective:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online