General Question Crap. Allergic to Fromm?!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I just switched to Fromms pork and peas from Natural Balance Sweet potato and venison..The Fromms did wonders for his tear stains and his gas but now he often has a rash around his mouth and his poop is way too loose...I know how you feel This can get so frustrating!

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki was having the same problem when we tried Chicken and beef. We switched him to Nurtisource Lamb and he hasn't had any skin problems since the tear stains he was having have also cleared up.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
I think its the white potatoes in the Fromm Grain Free variety dishes. I noticed one spot like that on Colossus as we were about a week out from being finished on Beef Fritatta. I switched him back to Chicken Ala Veg and the spot immediately started going away. The "grain" varieties has sweet potatoes. There is a Duck one (blue and black bag) that I give Colossus occasionally too. I think it would be the white potatoes as that is known to cause yeast?!

Deestar

Mar 2, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Maybe it's the peas? I'm currently weaning Lucy off of Earthborn Holistics Lamb because she was red all over and peas is pretty high up on the list of ingredients.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
My best advice..get him allergy tested. Best thing I ever did for BUbba! A little expensive but I have pet insurance for him. It takes the guessing game away. COme to find out he is allergic to lamb, salmon, soybean, brewers yeast, and peas (peas are in almost every dog food-very challenging!) Hope he's doing better!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My best advice..get him allergy tested. Best thing I ever did for BUbba! A little expensive but I have pet insurance for him. It takes the guessing game away. COme to find out he is allergic to lamb, salmon, soybean, brewers yeast, and peas (peas are in almost every dog food-very challenging!) Hope he's doing better!
I think we're heading that way with Mabel so we can quit guessing. Mabel did great on pork and peas for about a week, but she's not doing great this week. We're going to finish what we have and maybe try a limited ingredient food.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
That sux. I thought Fromm was the bulldog, end all, superfood. I wanted to put Luca on it but they don't carry it in my area. Poor Remy. Back to the bland for you, little guy.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That sux. I thought Fromm was the bulldog, end all, superfood. I wanted to put Luca on it but they don't carry it in my area. Poor Remy. Back to the bland for you, little guy.
i thought so too about Fromms. I didn't know peas were high on the list of things bullies are allergic to? Are they?

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
I have had some good results with Acana Duck & Bartlett Pear. [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] have you looked at Orijen or Acana? I know Acana does a L.I.D. version.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have had some good results with Acana Duck & Bartlett Pear. @Chumley have you looked at Orijen or Acana? I know Acana does a L.I.D. version.
No I haven't..I've only tried Natural Balance and now the Fromms...I'm open to suggestions...haven't totally given up on the Fromms yet but it has been a month..nothing serious just slight redness around mouth and poop kind of loose.

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
UPDATE! So after I stopped feeding Remi the fromm, the rash ended up getting worse over the weeks. I didn't notice because I was sooooo down for the account while recovering from the appendix surgery, but after a trip to the vet, they fixed him up for us. She said it looked like contact dermatitis (long grass. I'm pretty sure @cali_baker called that!) with a few spots of ringworm. He's on antibiotics, a special shampoo dip, and anti-jock itch cream. I'm fairly certain the people at Walgreens thinks my husband is suffering from something. HAHAHAHHA!

Once this is completely gone I'm going to attempt to switch him back to the fromm. Cross your fingers... But he's looking great. In fact the vet said, "he's a great looking bulldog. I haven't seen one look this good in a while. His ears look great."

YEAH!

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
UPDATE! So after I stopped feeding Remi the fromm, the rash ended up getting worse over the weeks. I didn't notice because I was sooooo down for the account while recovering from the appendix surgery, but after a trip to the vet, they fixed him up for us. She said it looked like contact dermatitis (long grass. I'm pretty sure @cali_baker called that!) with a few spots of ringworm. He's on antibiotics, a special shampoo dip, and anti-jock itch cream. I'm fairly certain the people at Walgreens thinks my husband is suffering from something. HAHAHAHHA!

Once this is completely gone I'm going to attempt to switch him back to the fromm. Cross your fingers... But he's looking great. In fact the vet said, "he's a great looking bulldog. I haven't seen one look this good in a while. His ears look great."

YEAH!

Awwww poor Remi is on Lotrimen. Glad he's doing better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.