Made The Switch - Fromm's 4 Star

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i actually use a few for her - pork n peas breakfast, beef frittata for dinner and I'm going to try out surf n turf to see if she likes that...she also gets toppings - yogurt, bananas, blueberries n salmon oil. Some on breakfast, some on dinner. But, she has not any issues like Chums w the rashes.. Her poo is a little harder than I think it should be but I'm not sure how to soften it just a bit.
more water in the diet should help. also canned pumpkin works both ways. for diarrhea or constipation so you could use some of that. ive also found canned food will loosen my dogs stool quicker than anything. perhaps some ice cubes as treats.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
more water in the diet should help. also canned pumpkin works both ways. for diarrhea or constipation so you could use some of that. ive also found canned food will loosen my dogs stool quicker than anything. perhaps some ice cubes as treats.

Thank you, we have been giving her some ice cubes and a little more yogurt as a snack which seems to be helping. I will go get some pumpkin and a cpl cans if food as well in the event it doesn't stay erm..moister? Lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I switched to Fromms Pork and Peas about a month ago from Natural Balance..iDomt know if I'm likng it..his poop is too soft..I've been using the pumpkin and yogurt which makes it a little harder...but if I don't use it the next day it's too shot again..Im thinking of switching back but the Fromms stopped the tear stains..it's been a month I would figure his system would have adjusted by now..also with the Frmms his poop is a strange colored light yellow..
i would think after a month the dog would have better :poo: i would give it a bit more time but if nothing changes i would think about switching flavors of fromm. could be anything in there not agreeing with him.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
When mack was on fromm his poops were yellow too. We switched to natural balance bc I wanted to try food that wasnt sweet potato bc I heard white potatos are totally different and he might only be allergic to sweet potatos, so I tried the LID duck and potato, its easier to find and fromm pork n peas was impossible to find in stores. The natural balance made macks poop black...anyways, we are trying the legume flavor now bc though mack improved, I felt it could be better...he has never had tear stains with any food yet, so I will be on the lookout

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

OP
jm00ser

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Still goes back and forth on hard to soft. Going to try yogurt. I am going to try a different Fromm's next weekend as she wil be out by then. Also still trying to finish off the Royal Canin... really don't want it to go to waste. She had some pretty nasty ones this weekend however. Going to hold back treats and perhaps use yogurt if she follows commands!.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Still goes back and forth on hard to soft. Going to try yogurt. I am going to try a different Fromm's next weekend as she wil be out by then. Also still trying to finish off the Royal Canin... really don't want it to go to waste. She had some pretty nasty ones this weekend however. Going to hold back treats and perhaps use yogurt if she follows commands!.

Just a thought, Jake was on Surf n Turf. It does have chicken in it. He is sensitive to chicken and did much better on the Beef Fritatta.
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]...I'm wondering if cutting out the yogurt might help. Yogurt makes Jake have soft poo. Just a chance...

OP
jm00ser

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I am going to try out the beef next go around and see if it reacts better with her.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
i would think after a month the dog would have better :poo: i would give it a bit more time but if nothing changes i would think about switching flavors of fromm. could be anything in there not agreeing with him.
Yes I think im going to try the Beef and if things dont change I will probably go back to Natural Balance

When mack was on fromm his poops were yellow too. We switched to natural balance bc I wanted to try food that wasnt sweet potato bc I heard white potatos are totally different and he might only be allergic to sweet potatos, so I tried the LID duck and potato, its easier to find and fromm pork n peas was impossible to find in stores. The natural balance made macks poop black...anyways, we are trying the legume flavor now bc though mack improved, I felt it could be better...he has never had tear stains with any food yet, so I will be on the lookout That's interesting..I wonder what makes it yellow? and youre right Natural Balance is much easier to find. I may go back..and just watch for tear stains. His tail pocket is also always clean now since being on Fromms so Im not really sure what i want to do yet.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I didn't know that. I've been giving him yogurt everyday thinking its helping the poop situation.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
All great info, but I'm sitting here laughing -- this is what our lives come down to...doggie poo! And I keep reading to make sure I have all of the info I can to make sure Dudley is good and has a healthy life. We do love our bullies!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
its really early to tell anything yet, but the pinkness in Macks face has gotten dramatically better, and his poops are a normal brown now lol - I feel like a poop inspector!