Ok here is my 1st food question!

Khloes mama

Aug 2, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khloe
Hello everyone! Khloe is 10 weeks old and I first had her on royal canine noticed her skin was pink and seemed like it was shedding an awful lot. It's been almost a week I've been trying to switch her over to blue buffalo grain free since I've read a lot about that. Her poop is firmer before it was soft serve. But now she's thrown up 2 times, been biting her paw to scratch it and still a little pink. Now I'm trying to figure out which food to try or is it that she's just trying to adjust to the new food? I get my Douxo pads today so I'm going to out it over the paw that has been bothering her.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I just want to find a good for her so she can be healthy & happy! :confused:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
The food is always seems to be an ongoing quest until you can get the right mix with your individual dog. But she is young yet and some of the irritation and pink skin may be attributed to her developing immune system and environmental allergens. That seemed to be the case with Ace when he was a young puppy, I tried several brands of kibble until I settled on the ones I feed now. But I wipe him down every evening with a warm damp cloth, his face, his thighs, his undearms and his belly and privates. Mostly use plain warm water, just damp so as not to leave wet, once in a while I will wipe down with the damp rag, rinse and wring the rag out and then add some witch hazel to the damp rag and wipe down the undersides again and clean out his ears. Here in the last couple of weeks, and I attribute much of it to the outside and the grass and growing season he has gotten a little pink again and so it the last couple of days after wiping down in the evening I rub some hydrocortisone creame on the pinkest spots and you can almost watch the redness disappear. And he appears to be more at ease and quits scratching the areas for a while. I only use just a little dab and make it go as far as I can so as not to overuse. These bulldogs are high maintenance. And the vacuumed up hair, well you will see, gets outlandish. Have fun

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
It does take about a month for the old food to work out of their system so give it a few weeks. Give her 1 tbls lowfat plain yogurt. Any switch in food should be done slowly.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You have been givem great info above me. It does take a bit of time for all the stuff from the old food to get out of her system so what you are seeing could still be from that.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
You can try adding a little bit of water to her food to soften up the kibbles and slow her down. They dont chew they gulp their kibbles and sometimes eat a bit to fast that could be why she is throwing up.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can try adding a little bit of water to her food to soften up the kibbles and slow her down. They dont chew they gulp their kibbles and sometimes eat a bit to fast that could be why she is throwing up.

Yep ^^^^

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online