Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Sooo I just read about this. The reviews were pretty good. Im not saying Im gonna put Daisy on this, but Im curious. Especially since its available at retail locations. What do you all think?? Have you heard anything... Im taggin [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] cause shes the food guru right?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also have no experience with this food, and have never heard of it. Another food that they say is a good brand is Costco, but again not familiar with it. Cowsmom, or Sandra, would know more than anyone, but you can also take both bags, the food you use now and a bag of Rachel Rays' and do a ingredient for ingredient comparison, and see how they compare.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep --- Sandy is your lady for food

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Never heard of it but the ingredients would have to be looked at to make the best determination.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've noticed this food's introduction into the supermarket too.

The ingredient list looks much better than your average supermarket dog food:

Turkey, Turkey Meal, Chicken Meal, Dried Peas, Tapioca Starch, Whole Dry Potatoes, Poultry Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Flax Seed, Natural Chicken Flavor, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.

Notably, it is a bit heavy on the starches with tapioca and potatoes and it's missing some of the probiotics and other elements included in high quality dog foods.

I'll be interested to see if anyone tries it!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
[h=1]from dog food advisor..he gave 4 stars!
Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain (Dry)[/h]by Mike Sagman

Rating:
star.png
star.png
star.png
star.png
blankstar.png

Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Dog Food receives the Advisor’s second-highest tier rating of 4 stars.

The Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain product line includes one dry dog food claimed to meet AAFCO nutrient profiles for all life stages.
[h=4]Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Turkey and Potato[/h]Dry Dog Food
Estimated Dry Matter Nutrient Content

Ingredients: Turkey, turkey meal, chicken meal, dried peas, tapioca starch, whole dry potatoes, poultry fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried plain beet pulp, flax seed, natural chicken flavor, salt, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, zinc sulfate, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, biotin, sodium selenite, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium iodate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid
Fiber (estimated dry matter content) = 4.5%
Red items when present indicate controversial ingredients
Estimated Nutrient Content
MethodProteinFatCarbs
Guaranteed Analysis26%14%NA
Dry Matter Basis29%16%47%
Calorie Weighted Basis26%33%41%

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I have not seen the zero grain of hers around here yet...just her other line.

I did see walmart has a pure balance grain free as well, not sure on that though, this is all new to me..and that was only in chicken grain free.

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok if your going to buy your dog food at the supermarket then yes id get rachel ray or iams blue bag chicken rice and barley. if you want real good food you buy from somewhere else. its not always just about the ingredients listed its about the company and where they get them from and other things. if you want good food thats not to expensive i use nutrisource line of food. its pretty cheap and not to bad. sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.