Pumpkin seed oil....anyone?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have a very dear friend from High School that has an organic Pumpkin seed farm. I have been talking to him about using for a supplement instead of salmon oil. Besides the obvious benefits, it is supposed to be good for worms and digestive problems.

Anyone use it? I am ordering some and going to try it. He says that the customers that use it for their dogs love it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: never heard of it being used as a suppliment, but interested in finding out

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I have a very dear friend from High School that has an organic Pumpkin seed farm. I have been talking to him about using for a supplement instead of salmon oil. Besides the obvious benefits, it is supposed to be good for worms and digestive problems.

Anyone use it? I am ordering some and going to try it. He says that the customers that use it for their dogs love it.

I guess after reading about it I have a few thoughts. There seems to be a wide variability in the amount on Omegas in different growers crops, reports of stomach upset and the most interesting is that it is a diuretic. I am thinking that you have come across a product to try for incontinent dogs that may be a great first choice over a prescription. Giving a healthy dog a diuretic especially a bully that generally has more heat problems than other dogs worries me.

Please let me know how it goes!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm ive not heard this before but will ask bev @Twice about it or if she is here first and sees this she will answer. so this is an oil just like salmon oil? well every other oil is used such as flax, fish, salmon, cod, olive, and coconut so i guess this would be one more.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Well I know its purported to work on parasites in humans as is black walnut hull and an array of others. But before you give on a daily basis or very frequently I would look at the method by which it eliminates worms. In other words by what chemical and what biological reaction it produces in the body. It may or may not then be something you want to give on a frequent basis

Last edited:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't know about the oil but the seeds are a great, healthy treat that actually do kill intestinal parasites.

Members online

No members online now.