Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hey Guys,

I was curious as to how much food exactly and how many times a day did you guys give your 3 month old puppy?

Ive been giving Tyson about 3/4 cups of food 3 times a day.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We only feed Harlea 1 cup per meal twice a day due to work schedules. However she gets various fruits and veggies throughout the day as treats.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hey Guys,

I was curious as to how much food exactly and how many times a day did you guys give your 3 month old puppy?

Ive been giving Tyson about 3/4 cups of food 3 times a day.

I don't remember the amount exactly, I followed what was on the puppy bag by weight... But I did feed 3x a day plus added warm water to keep it soft & prevent choking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we fed our two guys 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day until they were 7 months old, and then cut back to 2 cups twice a day.

- - - Updated - - -

We also added warm water to their kibble.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
We gave Fergus 1 cup 3X a day. He is now 8 month and gets 1 1/4 cup 2X a day.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We gave Fergus 1 cup 3X a day. He is now 8 month and gets 1 1/4 cup 2X a day.

Do you find Fergus keeps normal weight w the feeding amount? I was giving that and the vet said to cut back a bit cos she would pork out if continued. She also hasn't gotten the exercise she normally gets w her surgeries n cone etc. I just want her to eat enough and she can def clean up a cup and still look for more.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Do you find Fergus keeps normal weight w the feeding amount? I was giving that and the vet said to cut back a bit cos she would pork out if continued. She also hasn't gotten the exercise she normally gets w her surgeries n cone etc. I just want her to eat enough and she can def clean up a cup and still look for more.

Fergus is 8 months and 46lbs I took him to the vet last week for his heartworm test and the vet said he looked great. I do walk him and our lab twice a day for 1hr so he gets lots of exercise (early morning and evening when it is cool). If he starts to get fat I will cut back to 2 cups a day. He does get treats during the day fruits, vegi, kongs and a rice cracker before bed so he doesnt throw up from having a empty stomach.

With Brie until she is running around again probably staying at 2 cups is fine just give her treats vegi, fruits during the day and maybe add some green beans to her dinner to fill her tummy.

Last edited:

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
I've been wondering what the ideal amount is as well... I've been feeding Ramsay (4 months old) 1/2 a cup three times a day. He's 25lbs - right around where he should be. I've been considering upping it to 3/4 of a cup 3x a day just to see how his body handles it. His waist is awful tiny and I can't tell if he's too skinny!

OP
Srhendon

Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Thanks guys! Bumpin it to 1 cup 3x a day

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
this differs with each puppy. it depends on your bully. some will be fine on 3/4 cup 3 times a day some will need 1 cup 3 times a day. i think its more of is your dog not overweight or underweight and is your puppies stool good.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
this differs with each puppy. it depends on your bully. some will be fine on 3/4 cup 3 times a day some will need 1 cup 3 times a day. i think its more of is your dog not overweight or underweight and is your puppies stool good.

Your last comment hits the nail on the head as no two bullies are exactly the same. We tried feeding Harlea 3/4 cup 3x a day and she had explosive :poo: and through trial and error we have her on 1 cup 2x a day with fruits and veggies during the day for treats and she has been fine and gaining weight as she should.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online