Thread: Angie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taz
    Likes (Received)

Default Angie

Thank you for your advice!. I'm glad that pigs ears are not bad for bulldogges to ingest, but they are a choke hazard. That's too bad Taz really enjoyed them, Ive given him 2 before I had read the info on the bulldogge news website. He ate them fine and he didn't rush while eating them. Maybe he will be okay, if we decide to give them to him we will monitor him. As for bully sticks the same he was really good with it, but expensive. Thanks again!.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie1969 View Post
    Thank you for your advice!. I'm glad that pigs ears are not bad for bulldogges to ingest, but they are a choke hazard. That's too bad Taz really enjoyed them, Ive given him 2 before I had read the info on the bulldogge news website. He ate them fine and he didn't rush while eating them. Maybe he will be okay, if we decide to give them to him we will monitor him. As for bully sticks the same he was really good with it, but expensive. Thanks again!.
    Just a note on pigs ears

Pig Ears and Salmonella

Pig ears may carry Salmonella bacteria, so it may cause gastrointestinal infection. The infection can be signaled by abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. In some dogs, the Salmonella may not present any initial symptoms. You should make sure that the pig ears are from a trustworthy source. Typically, pig ears should get heat treatment for half a day, so that all potential bacteria will be eliminated.
    The Salmonella infection is a zoonotic disease, which can be transmitted from dogs or pigs to humans, so you should be careful when handling the dog’s feces. Also, wash your hands after handling the pig ears, as you may contract the bacteria from these as well. You may also use gloves for protection.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

And Bully sticks are not good for Bully's!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah,I have known of any who use them ok.... Until they choke... Not worth it IMO.

Pooper scooper Lisa Marie Mayer's Avatar
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
    Likes (Received)

in the beginning i gave pig ears but found i couldn't bear their smell/feel. i now give baked or dried sweet potato, similar shape and requires a good gnaw to get through. id caution that folks with yeast heavy pups watch to see the impact on redness of paw webs and moist folds. i have no issues but im lucky that way.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taz
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    Just a note on pigs ears

Pig Ears and Salmonella

Pig ears may carry Salmonella bacteria, so it may cause gastrointestinal infection. The infection can be signaled by abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. In some dogs, the Salmonella may not present any initial symptoms. You should make sure that the pig ears are from a trustworthy source. Typically, pig ears should get heat treatment for half a day, so that all potential bacteria will be eliminated.
    The Salmonella infection is a zoonotic disease, which can be transmitted from dogs or pigs to humans, so you should be careful when handling the dog’s feces. Also, wash your hands after handling the pig ears, as you may contract the bacteria from these as well. You may also use gloves for protection.
    Thank Christy, I better stay away from them all together. He's fine but I'm a little scared now. Angie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Monitored or not,,,, these items just are too risky for Bullies
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Thank Christy, I better stay away from them all together. He's fine but I'm a little scared now. Angie
    I'm sorry it wasn't meant to scare you, just to inform you. Just keep an eye on Taz. I buy soup bones and let my dogs eat the marrow out of them. When they are empty I fill them with peanut butter or yogurt and freeze them. They spend hours trying to get the yogurt or peanut butter out and love it. Kongs are stuffable with treats as well and very safe. Ask around our members have lots of great treat ideas!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taz
    Likes (Received)

How about greenies?. Are they okay for bullies?.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Lol I don't think greenies are very good either. I think the ingredients are potentially bad for bullies w wheat gluten being one of them and they are not a easily or completely digestible as they claim. They can get lodged in th esophagus too. But.lthey do clean the teeth n freshen breath.. Seems like a crap shoot tho if you ask me.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Greenies are also a choking hazard, as they can also cause blockages!! Bullies don't usually chew them but tend to swallow them whole. Plus the ingredients are just plain bad.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Remove Ads